8

"Don't cry here madam, or I'll throw you into the cell"
Apata.

* * *

Layole checked the clock hanging on the wall in her office. It read 3:30pm.
"Darn it!" she muttered.

It was way past her lunch break and she hadn't realized until that moment. She wasn't really hungry though but she was stressed out from all the work she'd been doing since morning.

"Who knew being a CEO was this stressful?" she asked no one in particular.

Who didn't?

She got up and shoved her phone into her Armani bag before walking out of the office, leaving a messy pile of documents splattered on her desk. As she stepped out, her security men turned around to follow her but instead, she signalled them to withdraw.

"Don't bother coming with me, I'll be fine. You can always watch the car though, to keep track of where I am."

They nodded in agreement as she met briefly with her P.A to discuss somethings. She then stepped into her car and dropped her bag on the passenger seat.

She quickly took off her shoes before fastening her seatbelts. She was never one to drive with heels or even any kind of shoes on as she never felt comfortable with them. She turned on the ignition and then zoomed off with nowhere in mind.

Soon enough, she was caught up in the traffic. The road was really busy as most schools closed at that time so movement was quite difficult. Tired of honking and screaming out the window, she turned on the music player in her car and began to play some really loud music. She hummed the words along and danced energetically in her seat.

She was so taken aback by the music that she didn't notice when the traffic light turned green. Lots of cars began to honk and scream at her but she didn't move at all. They soon found their way around her and yelled as they passed, not wanting to be held down again by another red light. Layole remained at the same spot until the traffic light turned red again.

An ash coloured car stopped behind her and after honking at her severally to move forward, the owner alighted and walked towards her car. Detective Apata knocked gently on the driver's window but didn't get any response so he knocked even harder. The glass of the Highlander was tinted and the driver seemed not to be bothered at all by the banging on the window.

"Crazy people everywhere", he muttered aloud.

Just as he turned back to return to his car, the driver's door opened and a woman stepped out-Layole.

"Excuse me", she said. "What right do you have to hit my car in such manner? Are you sick or something?"

He was totally surprised and turned around to see the woman ranting at him.
"I ought to be asking you that question. You can't just park in the middle of the road".

The woman seemed not to understand him as she screamed off and said all manner of things which made no sense to him.

He wasn't really one for fights especially street fights with crazy drivers so he managed to keep his cool at that moment. He looked up and noticed the traffic lights turned yellow so he silently entered his car and turned on the ignition.

The crazy woman seemed not to notice that as she followed him and banged on his bonnet and windscreen as she continued to scream. He ignored her and turned on his wipers while reversing slowly so as to take a right turn and drive past her car.

Layole on the other hand returned to her car and drove off too.
"What an odd man", she thought aloud.
She switched off the music and continued driving until she sighted an exclusive restaurant. She parked her car there and entered the place taking in the posh interior.