your all i need 🌧 (Jailey)

Ship: Jailey

Genre: Angst, Fluff

The walk home from school after a bad day was the absolute worst, and today that was Jake. He had finally built up the corage to ask Daisy out and she rejected him.

He walked down the street, hands in his pockets and looking down. The rain poured heavily around him, just making him want to burst into tears even more. It usually takes him about 15 minutes to walk home but in this case, it felt like hours.

"Jake!" He heard a voice call out from behind him but he didnt turn around or answer.

"Jake?" The voice said again, except she was right next to him.

Jake looked up to see a familiar teal haired girl.

"Oh, hi Hailey" He said bluntly and looked back at his shoes.

"Um, are you okay?" She asked.

"Y-yeah I'm dandy!" He replied not looking up.

Hailey frowned, "Jake, whats wrong?"

"Nothing, im just great" he said, tears forming in his big brown eyes. One rolled down his cheek and landed on the floor, Hailey noticed this and stopped Jake in his tracks.

"Jake, you can tell me" she said, holding onto his shoulders and looking into his eyes. Something about her just made Jake want to break down into tears right in front of her.

"I- she-" he choked on his words but gave in and let the tears flow out. One turned to two, which turned to four which turned to a whole river of tears streaming down his face. Jake had to grab on to Hailey for support and she brought him into her arms.

"Jake.. whats wrong?" she said, rubbing Jakes back in circles.

Jake didnt respond, he only burried his face deeper into Haileys soft Jacket, his tears were soaking it but Hailey didnt care. He hugged her tighter and tighter, shes all he needed right now, just the two of them. Hugging in the rain.

Jake finally calmed down but he didnt want to let go yet. He listened to the steady pounding of her heartbeat and the calming rhythm of the rain patting against the footpath.

"Now are you going to tell me whats wrong?" Hailey asked once again.

Jake pulled away from the hug and looked at Haileys dark and mysterious eyes before taking a deep breath in.

"Daisy." Jake stated.

Haileys heart sank at just the name, how could Daisy make him so upset.

"What did Daisy do Jake?"

"S-she rejected me... I know it seems a bit dramatic to cry so much about b-but ive liked her since 7th grade" Jake continued and looked at the puddle next to his feat.

"Its okay Jake, you'll find someone else" Hailey reassured with a smile.