Episode 6 - About Fashion and How to Dress Sharply

Episode 6 – About Fashion and How to Dress Sharply

"The art of dressing yourself sharply for any occasion, whether it's going out with friends for the weekend or going to the theater to see an opera, is mastered by few. It's not enough just to put on a new outfit, you need to wear pieces that match each other, creating a pleasant harmony for the eyes of everyone around you."

I quickly pulled the dressing room curtain aside, revealing myself to the PODs as I struck a pose.

"In other words, don't just dress to go out, dress to impress!"

The PODs glared at each other before turning to me and speaking.

"Claim: Administrator Alan is the last android who can this, after all you spent most of your time in rags and worn out clothes before you were forced to wear something new." POD 000 spoke.

"Claim: I believe that right now Administrator Alan is being what he identified as hypocritical in previous interactions with this unit." POD 001 completed.

"Fucking hell! Can't you guys let me have a moment of happiness?"

"Claim: No." Both PODs responded simultaneously.

You know, I thought I sensed some humor in the voices of the PODs, but that could have been my impression. It's hard to detect emotion in their robotic voices.

With my head down, I felt my face heat up as I waved my hand at the PODs, trying to dispel the embarrassment I felt.

Turning away from the PODs, I cleared my throat, trying to compose myself, I already had a script prepared for today's episode, but the two floating mini-fridges had to ruin everything. Now I've lost my groove!

Come on Alan! You can do it! Go back there and act as if the PODs didn't humiliated you! Show everyone that you don't have low self-esteem! Act as nothing happened.

"Alan, you know we can hear you, don't you?"

Turning to the source of the voice, I spotted Camélia near the store's counter, trying on the various models of sunglasses hanging on a revolving stand.

"Hang on! Did I say that out loud?!?" I asked with a jumping back in surprise.

For a moment, Camélia stopped trying on her sunglasses, and nodded at me.

Slowly shifting my gaze to the PODs, I caught a glimpse of a flashing red light above each one, indicating they were recording. With a red face and a nervous smile, I smoothed my hair with my hands as I adjusted my posture.

Lifting my shoulders and head, straightening my back and sticking out my chest, I spoke to my audience while rubbing my hands together nervously.

"P-please ignore what you saw in the last five minutes. As I was saying... Don't dress just to go out, but to impress!" I said while striking another pose.

Opening one of my eyes, I saw the PODs staring at me in silence "So, did I manage to create an effect on the audience?"

"Claim: Negative." POD 000 said.

"Claim: The first attempt at the introduction to get the audience excited resulted in failure, which ultimately diminished the effect of Administrator Alan second attempt. It is recommended that Administrator Alan proceed with the recording as soon as possible." POD 001 completed.

Dejectedly I snapped out of my pose. I think POD is right, better keep going before my ratings drop.

"Well, ladies and gentlemen, I don't know if you've noticed, but I recently went through a wardrobe change. Say goodbye to the days of wearing those old, worn out clothes I stole from an abandoned store and say hello to twelfth millennium fashion! In that case, standard resistances outfit!"