Episode 2 - A Musical Story

Devola and Popola lived with me for some years now, and we have not met in an exactly favorable situation.

I had just arrived in Japan on a ship full of androids, being careful to hide the fact that I was human. Then I got into a caravan that went further into the country, but machines attacked us on the way, so everyone fled in different directions.

I ended up in the City Ruins, with machines chasing me; I entered a collapsed office building during my escape, trying to cross the city through it.

However, I tripped over something and fell to the ground. Pulling myself up and looking back quickly, I saw that the impact had moved an unstable pile of rubble, revealing a disabled android beneath it.

 Pulling myself up and looking back quickly, I saw that the impact had moved an unstable pile of rubble, revealing a disabled android beneath it

Suddenly sparks ran through the android's peeling skin. I saw the parts inside moving and coming back to life. Suddenly, the android's eyes opened and widened, then the android hyperventilated in panic, releasing a deafening scream right after.

I nearly had a heart attack when the android scrambled out of the rubble at breakneck speed and grabbed my foot. I tried to free myself, but the grip was too strong.

Then the android looked me in the eyes and spoke.

"Help! Help!"

I widened my eyes with the scare. The android let go of me before I answered and took rubble out of where she stood previously.

What was down there surprised me; it was a girl, an android. I knew this thanks to the missing parts of the "skin" of her face, displaying a black-colored material underneath.

 I knew this thanks to the missing parts of the "skin" of her face, displaying a black-colored material underneath

"Please save my sister!"

Sister? I looked closer and noticed that the other android was similar to her but in worse shape. Suddenly, the sound of the approaching machines snapped me out of my thoughts.

"I will help you, but we need to move, now!" I screamed, pulling the android to her feet and helping her to free her sister.

"Let's go!" I ran with the android carrying her sister beside me.

"What are we running from?!?" The android asked me, looking around in fear and confusion.

"Machines!" I exclaimed, looking over my shoulder.