Interval 5 PART 2 - Prometheus and Sisyphus

Interval 5 PART 2 – Prometheus and Sisyphus

Alan's POV

We returned home after today's events, we almost ripped the door off its hinges, we collapsed into the living room, I threw myself into the armchair with the fire ax in my hands, looking out the window, Devola, Popola and 11B sat down on the couch, with their weapons in hand.

The Pods floated next to me.

We stared at each other, waiting for someone to strike up a conversation.

"So..."

"That was..."

"What the hell..."

"That machine..."

Everyone spoke simultaneously, realizing that no one would be able to speak, we went silent again, minutes passed in silence and tension, we walked around the house, looking out the windows, waiting for something.

What was that something?

A machine?

A Yorha android?

I can't tell, we were all tense. I don't know how much time passed, but eventually we calmed down and talked.

I took a deep breath, "I think it's time we talk about what happened."

I received a positive nod from everyone.

11B was the first to speak "What were those machines doing? Of all the machines I've fought, they've never done anything so strange."

"The machines tried to imitate human reproduction." Popola spoke.

"And from that, a machine was born." Devola continued.

"And one of the first things this machine encountered when it was born was androids attacking it." I spoke.

"Alan, you've been at this war longer than anyone here. Do you have any idea why the machines act like that?" 11B spoke.

They all looked at me waiting for an answer.

"Let me tell you the story of Prometheus."

FLASHBACK

Kingdom of Night, El Salvador, Year 7.645

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

With the shoots of my Mossberg Mariner, the medium biped fell to the ground, a stubby one approached from my left, with a quick turn of my feet, I pointed my shotgun at its face, pumped and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

The machine fell to the floor, its head shattered by the lead rain from my gun, another stubby one appeared in my right, I turned towards him, pumped and pulled the trigger.

BANG!

The machine fell as well, the red light in its eyes fading. I heard metallic footsteps approaching, saw a Medium Stubby running towards me, didn't have time to reload, so I drew my Beretta and fired.

BANG!

BANG!

BANG!

The machine fell in mid-run, its face sliding across the street. A few seconds of silence passed before metallic footsteps echoed down the moonlit street.

I ran away from there, passing through wide and narrow streets, I entered a five-story building and hid myself on the fourth floor, next to a window overlooking the street, I pressed my back against the wall and watched the place, I saw a group of passing machines, their red eyes lighting up the night.