Somebody That I Use To Know

It's been a half a year. A whole six months. He hasn't called or messaged me in any sort of way. He was busy promoting, doing concerts. One of which I'm standing in line for now. It will be the first time I have seen him in person since he left. I thumbed the VIP ticket in my hand, waiting for the line to pick up the pace. Girls and guys alike all fangirled around me, talking adamantly about him. When the line picked up, I noticed that the ticket man was one of his best friends.

The man knew me only a little bit (as the person who always hung around his best friend) but as soon as he saw me, a smile lit up his face and recognition gleamed in his eyes.

"Ah! I was wondering when you'd decide to finally come to a concert. He's been waiting for you,"he informed me. He glanced at my ticket and snickered. "VIP I see. Yup, he's gonna be ecstatic."

"How do you know?" I asked hesitantly. He just smiled and waved me through. I sighed and stepped into the crowded stadium. The stage stood not far from where the entrance was and somewhat of the backstage through the sleek black curtains. I decided to stand a little apart from the crowd, close to the middle. It wasn't until twenty minutes later that he came out. The crowd screamed so loud it was like a football stadium. I noticed his eyes wander over the crowd, narrowed as if searching.

"Hey everyone, how are you guys tonight?" He asked into the microphone. Immediately following after, screams of 'goods' and 'marry me's' rang from the crowd. He smiled slightly, his eyes still searching. "Tonight," he started, "is going to be a little different. You see, I was informed that someone I used to know is here. Someone I like a lot."