24. Taste Of His Own Medicine

So this is mostly a filler chapter. Before things get really chaotic lol

---

Amari's P.O.V.

It took me several months to slowly but surely get used to the fact that I am now able to hear.

And at first, I honestly almost ripped out those damn implants right out if my ears. Like it wasn't easy at all.

After so many years if silence, it felt like a constant assault on my ears, having the constant pollution of noise in them. And it just won't stop! It seemed fucking never-ending and it was completely overwhelming.

I can't even tell you how many times I would turn the volume all the way down on my hearing aides just to get a little semblance of normalcy, but even with the volume all the way down, it still wouldn't be completely silent, and I would sometimes become extremely irritable and snap at people around me just because.

Eventually though, slowly but surely it started to finally become natural to me, and I was less and less freaked out with each day, even if I had to learn jusy the perfect balance in certain situations of just how low or high the settings had to be on those hearing aides, otherwise certain sounds would irritate my extremely sensitive ears.

Marshall was always by my side though and he was surprisingly patient with me, considering how many times I took my frustrations out on him at times. Although, I think he low key sort of enjoyed me snapping at him because it gave him the excuse to fuck the attitude out of me later. Marshall's way of fixing things.

And he also flew out Tonya for me to Detroit and she had stayed with us for a couple of days as moral support for me.

But like I said, it's getting much better now anyway.

Marshall is currently on the European leg of his Anger Management tour and of course he had dragged me along with him like his number one groupie, and we are all currently in Barcelona where he's got a concert to do later on tonight.

The whole of D12 is here too of course, and for this particular show 50 Cent is always going to be joining Marshall and the guys on stage, and so, he has flown in my friend Tonya to chill with him for a little bit, for which I am super excited, because I feel like I haven't seen my girl in like two or three months now. And I'm glad that she's still going steady with Curtis too, because honestly I hated how Proof did her earlier and broke her heart, and the only reason I'm cool with him now is because Tonya is no longer bothered by it. Otherwise, Marshall's friend or not, I would forever give this dude the cold shoulder.

Today isn't going to be about neither of our men though, because Tonya and I, we just want to catch up and have us a girl's night, and as soon as Marshall and I are checking in at our hotel room, Tonya is waltzing in too, because her and I had agreed earlier we would go shopping and sight-seeing together. And as for our men, they couldn't go with us anyways because they are on a tight schedule and have to do sound check before their performance later.

"Girl!!" Tonya exclaims as soon as we see each other and we hug it out and damn near squeal from excitement, acting like two dumb little kids, but hey, that's my motherfucking best friend and I haven't seen her in a while.

As we talk and exchange news on whatever has been up with us lately, we are both signing wildly even as we are both talking out loud. I don't think I would ever drop the habit of signing when I speak or even looking at people's lips when they talk to me in order to be able to read them, even if I do understand the words spoken to me a lot better now. But old habits die hard.

Just as Tonya and I make plans, Marshall is suddenly walking into the room with one if his security guards and he's telling us that we have to take him with us to go shopping, and that annoys me a little bit. I just want to chill with my friend, I don't need no damn Mike Tyson looking motherfucker logging behind us.