6. Tatts & Feelings

Marshall's P.O.V.

"Who Dat, Em, this your girl, that's all you, dawg?" One of the dudes at Cartoon's shop asks me, pointing at Amari who back is luckily turned to us, so she can't read nobody's lips right now.

"Yeah. That's my chick," I state, calmly, the lie rolling off of my tongue easily.

And I know she's be all up in her lil feelings if she could actually hear me saying that about her, but the only reason I'm even saying it is for her own good at the end of the day. See, I'm saving her ass. From all these thirsty ass dudes in here pushing up on her cause she's fine as fuck. I claim her so they won't bug her. Simple as that.

In the meantime, Amari turns towards me completely oblivious. Her eyes are lit with excitement as she studies Cartoon's and his other artists work on the walls of the huge tattoo shop.

 Her eyes are lit with excitement as she studies Cartoon's and his other artists work on the walls of the huge tattoo shop

"Wow, all these are really nice," she compliments, looking impressed.

I ain't know she was into tattoo art like that.

But then, there's a whole lot of shit I don't know about her apparently, even if I did pump that friend of hers for info on her before.

I walk up behind her and wrap my arms around her. She tenses for just a second before letting it go. She's been like this ever since landing here in LA. She acts like she don't want me to touch her, but let's face it she kind of does.

"You like that, baby?" I ask in her ear, watching her eyes trail down somw of the artwork on Cartoon's walls. She doesn't respond, of course, and I then remember that she's fucking deaf and can't hear me.

I tap her shoulder then and she turns to look at me.

It strikes me just how beautiful she looks up close. I mean, she looks beautiful either way, but it's the first time I've seen her in like two months and I forgot how fine she was.

"You like that stuff, baby?" I ask again now that she can actually read my lips while looking at my face, making sure I enunciate well for her, pointing at all of the artwork.

"It's really cool looking," she agrees, impressed.

"Wanna get something today? I'll pay for it if ya do."

"No, it's okay. If I ever do get a another tattoo, it's going to have a meaning behind it," Amari then states, bringing her own wrist to her eyes and looking at it thoughtfully. I know that she's got an infinity symbol tattoo at the inside of her right wrist ♾️. I ain't never thought to ask her about it before though. Even if I do secretly think it must be fate, you know what I'm saying?

"This don't got no meaning to ya?" I ask then, holding on to her wrist.

"No," she smiles, looking embarrassed. "I... I actually got this when I was like super drunk. Me and my friends all stumbled at this tattoo place in my town, and we all dared each other to get tatts. I can't even remember why I chose mine to be honest."