Chapter 23.5

"Oh and Eret sense you think they are hybrids. Do whatever you can so we can see how they react." Punz said as I just nodded my head and left the room.

{Tommy Pov}

     I was in my last period when I received a text from Jared. Which said;  'Hey Toms, can you wait for me in front of the school?'

    I just groaned and agreed. When the school bell rang I slowly picked up my stuff and went to the front of the school.

    Once I was there I leaned on the brick wall and waited for Jared. That's when I started to process everything that had happened today.

    But I was interpreted by someone who called my name.

   "Hey Tommy" I turned my head to the right and saw Eret.

    'Why do I have to run into him?' I thought.

    "Oh hey Eret, what can I do for you?" I said with a nervous smile. After all I felt like I couldn't trust him.

    "I just have a question to ask you," Eret said as he looked away from me.

    Which caused me to freak out a bit. Since I didn't know what it could be. But I still told him my answer even if I was scared .

      "Oh okay then tell me what is your question?" I said as I tried to make eye contact with Eret.

    But the question that I got from Eret was one I didn't like.

   "Don't you feel uncomfortable about hiding them." Eret said in a low whisper.

     Which I heard and it made me want to run but I wasn't sure If he actually knew.

     So I began to think; 'Does he really know or is he just guessing? Maybe I should pretend to not know.' I thought, as my face was still normal.

    "I don't know what you mean, Eret" I said as he looked to his left and then his right.

      Eret then got real close to my right ear and said this. "I mean your wings and your other hybrids feature."

    I was shocked and confused because how did he know? I tried to keep my composure but I guess it didn't work.

     As Eret was already pushing away from my ear and the moment he took one look at my face a small smirk formed. That was when I realized that I messed up.

     But just at that moment Jared had gotten out of school. So without another thought in the process I grabbed Jared's hand and made a run for it.

{Eret Pov}

    As soon as I saw Tommy's face I knew I was right. But I could also smell his animal scent and I could tell he was a raccoon hybrid mixed with his bird type.

    That was also when I could smell another animal scent. I looked to see who it was and noticed Jared. And by his scent he was a squirrel but also a bird type.

    In the corner of my eye I noticed Tommy ran to Jared and grabbed his hand as they made a run for it.

     As they passed me I smelled them one more time and noticed they were barely baby chicks.

     Which made me laugh so hard. I stopped laughing when someone touched my shoulder. I turned to see everyone that was in the student council room.

     "So are they?" Purpled said.

    "Yup they are and by the smell their baby chicks," I said.

     "No way, How did we get this lucky?" the dream team said at the same time.

      "I don't know. Now, why don't we move to phase two. After all, if they really are baby chicks like Eret said. Then one of us must come with the scent of the grown ups tomorrow," Punz said with a smile.

{No ones Pov}

     When Tommy and Jared were almost at Tommy's house. Jared finally spoke up after running that far.

   "Toms, stop running tell me what Eret said to you." Jared said out of breath.

    "He... told me... Wait, don't tell me you're tired." Tommy said clearly out of breath too.

    "Nah Toms.... not like we just ran all the way here." Jared said with full sarcasm in his voice.

    "Don't use your sarcasm on me, bitch. But let's go to my man cave before I tell you what Erst said." Tommy said with worry in his voice.

     Jared just nodded his head and followed Toms to his house/man cave.

{At Tommy's Man cave}

     "So what did he tell you, Toms." Jared said as they were sitting on the couch.

       "He- you know what let's just forget about it by the way do you-" Toms was about to ask him something as Jared spoke.

      "Toms you have to tell me and I'll just have a cup of water" Jared said knowing what Tommy was going to say.

     "I know I do but let me get the cups of water and Jared let your features show." Tommy said as he walked to get the cups of water.

    "Alright Toms I will if you also let your features show." Jared said.

   "Alright I will, so relax." Tommy said as he walked back to the couch and put the two cups on the table.

      Once their forms were out Tommy began to tell him what Eret had said to him.

     "Oh shit Toms this is bad like really bad." Jared said.

      "I know it is Jared, what am I going to do?" Tommy said.

      "Hmm... I don't know but if he figured you out then there is a chance he knows about me," Jared said.

    "Ugh, just great. As soon as we become friends again. We get into a problem." Tommy said.

      "Oh my goodness Toms. I said there might be a chance so don't get your hopes up." Jared said with a smile.

      "Alright I guess you're right. So do you want me to ignore Eret?" Tommy said.

     "If you can then yes but if there is no way. Then you might have to bite him. Since you know." Jared said with a knowing look.

       "Hey I can bite you if you want me too." Tommys said as a joke.

     "Nah, I think I'm good. By the way I have to get going now so see you tomorrow Toms." Jared said.

       "Alright then, Jared. See you tomorrow," Tommy said as he saw Jared turn into his human form.

        But before Jared left he said something that made Tommy laugh.

      "Wait a moment, why is this called a man cave? Like for real Toms that was what we called the tree house. Are you sure you're fine?" Jared asked as Tommy laughed.

     "Just get out of here, Jared" Tommy said in between laughter.

       With that Jared left the man cave and Tommy went to sleep thinking about what was going to happen Tomorrow.

         But one thing was for sure he was going to avoid Eret.