Chapter 2 - Falling?

- ???'s POV -

Ah, geez. Where am I even going at this point?

"How am I supposed to find my way home at this time..." I whined pouting.

"This is hopeless! There's no service- why was I even kept late. I suck at working..!"

Suddenly, someone behind me spoke. "Well if you suck at working, can you just do me a quick favour?" I flinched, spinning around to meet the conversationalist.

And by conversationalist, I totally mean the suspicious, masked man who suddenly needs a friendly favour at, like, god knows what time in the morning?

"Yeah, well. I just need that." He points at my hand. "Oh! My phone? No, it's mine."

He raises his hands defensively, "it's just a friendly favour!" He activates his quirk, and his fingers morph into sharp blades. "How about now?"

I turn around more to face him. "Um, okay Edward Scissorhands. We both have quirks here."

I take a breath, I'm totally not shaken by this freak right?? "Here's a suggestion," I start, "HEEEELP!!!!" I scream, turning around and running.

Ohmygod! I've never been a good runner - what was I thinking? I should've just given him the phone! I have insurance!

Maybeitsnottoolatetoturnaroundandjustapologise,heonlywantsthephoneafterallright?????

I stop, and a knife whizzes past me. I scream again.

Fwoompf!

Huh??? Where's the second knife? I turn around, and see a cluster of feathers holding the mans hand together.

Woah, who's this?

- Izuku's POV -

"Hi~ Hi! I'm gonna ask you to stop first, because everyone deserves a second chance."
My feathers disappear from the mans hands, and he comes charging at me moments after.

Why can't people play nice?

"I got you! I knew you'd do that! See? Turn around."

He stops, confused and turns around. "What are you talking about?" I sneakily creep over, and place my halo above the strangers head.

"They're usually nice to me after this cools them down..." I mumble to myself.

"Uh.... Hi?" I turn around, and face the tear stained face of a green haired lady. She looks nice!

"Hi! Was he harassing you?" She looks confused at my question.

"Well.. yeah. He- He tried to rob me! What were you doing if you didn't know that??" She stuttered out. She looked a lot more relaxed when I giggled in response.

"Sorry, I could kinda tell what he was up to. It's not his first time! Or, uh, second." I chuckle, putting my hand to my face.

Turning around, I address the problem maker once more.

"You deserve a lot more than robbing innocent people on the street. And so do your victims! Why haven't you fixed your ways yet, David?"

Tears begin to fill his eyes.

"Ooh, thats not a very Japanese name. Did you know the origins of David date back to-"

"I'm sorry!" He cries out, "I-I thought I had no choice, I have a family, and I was fired but how can I tell them?! We won't even survive winter!"

I smile, and put my hand on his shoulder.
"It's okay. Winter will be kind to you."

"How do you know?" He sniffles, a lot calmer. Thank you, Miracle Ring!

"This..!" I point to his head. "Well- um, I'm not supposed to tell you, but you'll do wonderfully." I put my hand to my heart, smiling.

And take off.

That last part usually gets people thinking, y'know? With the beating of wings. Sometimes the cold air gets all the heated thoughts out. Really helpful.

With a Vwoomt my halo returns to my head, greeting the rest of my body with its wonderfully chilling sensation.

Until I can feel something catch on it.

"Hm? What's this?" I pick off a white scarf from my miracle ring, why's it so tough?" My eyes follow the scarf back to its origins, as a black haired, goggled man stares back at me.

"Oh!"

Within a second, I fly up to the man, wings beating excitedly. "Did you lose this?"

"I- You're un-"

"I'm so glad I could return it!" I hold the scarf and place them firmly into his two, warm hands.

"Oh! Congratulations!" I beam, who knew such a clumsy guy had just gotten married?

"Wha..?" He gasps, but I put a finger to his mouth. "Shh, shhhh! You should be home! Your husband misses you, and you miss him. Your selfless acts deserve you this much luxury!"

His eyes furrow momentarily, was it far away?

"No problem! I can help you, here!" I extend my hand, and he bemusedly takes it.

Moments of harsh winds later, we arrive at a lovely doorstep decorated with warm lights, and a cool doormat with cat paws on it. I love cats!

"Ooh, you should feed your cats. And your husband, he's so hungry he almost ordered without you!" I let go of the mans arm, and turn around.

"One more thing!! In the future, please refrain from taking the hand from another man with so little hesitation. Think about Hizashi!"

His eyes went wide, but I didn't wait for a response. There were more people to help, and considering I'm only on two so far, imagine how many others I'll meet tonight!