He Knows

Miles sits at his desk sketching in his notebook. His headphones block out most of the city noises. He tries to sing along to sunflower for the twentieth time. He jolts up as his spider senses tingle.

"Hobie! What are you doing here?" Miles quickly takes his headphones off.

Hobie sits in his open window.

"Band is 'aving a get together 'of sorts. You're coming." Hobie crosses his arms.

"No can do. I'm busy." Miles turns back to his sketchbook

"I wasn't askin'." Hobie stands up and towers over Miles.

"Look, I can't go....just tell them I'm sick or something." Miles huffs.

"...what y'a drawing?" Hobie changes the subject.

"Nothing worth showing." He mumbles, closing his book with a slight blush on his cheeks.

"Now mate, we both know you're a talent wit drawin'. So whatcha hidin'?" Hobie leans down closer to Miles.

Miles blushes even more. He leans back a little, noticing the pink shade Hobie is turning.

"You've two options then. Either ya come 'ang wit our mates or ya show meh what's in your sketch pad. Ya got ten minutes." Hobie smirks and steps back.

While waiting for Miles to decide he walks around his room. Hobie stares at the few pictures he has. Miles watches him before sighing.

I've been drawing Hobie a lot. It'd probably scare him off if he knew. I'll just have to tuff out seeing Gwen and Peter. It's been a year yet I still feel so betrayed.

Miles huffs before standing up.

"Fine, you win." Miles grabs his coat.

Hobie smirks and turns to Miles.

"Brilliant . Let's go." Hobie motions Miles out the window.

Miles thwips to the roof. Hobie close behind.

"What are we doing anyway?" Miles stuffs his hands in his pockets.

"Nothin' special, just a small 'angout." Hobie opens the portal.

"Are Peter and Gwen gonna be there?" Miles slowly follows Hobie.

"Not sure. Pav and Margo just demanded ya come." Hobie shrugs his hands resting in his pockets.

"Why'd they send you?" Miles walks through.

"Sometin' 'bout 'temidation." Hobie leads Miles to the meet up on top of a roof.

"Miles! I'm so glad you came!" Pavitr smiles almost bouncing.

"Yea, Hobie made sure I did." Miles chuckles awkwardly.

"I hope he wasn't too mean." Pav rubs the back of his neck.

"What's this about Pav?" Miles follows as Pav motions him farther in.

Hobie walks past him flashing a pink before settling into his black and white. Hobie sits down proofing his feet up.

"Well... there was someone who really wanted to talk to you. They didn't know how and weren't sure if you'd even listen. So they came to us asking for help." Pav smiles as he gently forces Miles to sit down.

"Guys I appreciate you trying to fix things between Gwen, Peter, and I. I'm just not ready to talk with them-" Miles starts.

"Ain't no one talkin' 'bout them white people." A voice Miles immediately recognizes says from the shadows.