I finally get home around five ten because I had to stop for gas. But knowing me gas is not the only thing I got.

I got candy along with a blue Gatorade and a few lollipops. I unravel one and stick it in my mouth.

I get my pots and pans out before washing my hands. I get every ingredient I need for my garlic butter steak and potatoes I'm going to make.

I get the bag of broccoli and cheese out the freezer before letting it sit for some minutes before popping it in the microwave.

I begin on cooking and the food is immediately done in about an hour and some change.

I plate it before my phone begins to ring. I pick it up and put it on speaker before speaking.

"Hello."

"Mama, come open the door." Enzo's voice rings through.

"Open the door? Why." I tease.

I can already see his eyes rolling and hear him groaning.

"Please. It's cold out here." I say okay before hanging up and going to the door. He's not lying when he said it was cold because it is.

I open it and see him with a bag in hand and something in the other hand behind his back.

He steps through and takes his shoes off and coat. "Something smells good. What is it?"

"Garlic butter steak and potatoes with a side of microwaveable broccoli and cheese." I grin.

He laughs while giving me the bag. "What's in this?" He looks at me with a blank expression.

"Ope-" I cut him off. "I know I know, open the bag and find out."

We laugh before going into the kitchen. I sit on the counter while he leans against the island. His eyes on me as I open the bag with his hand still behind his back.

With squinted eyes, I look at him then back at the bag. I open it to see a card, gummy's, a box of some sort, and a Gatorade.

I pick up the card and begin reading it.

'Thank you for being there for me. I love you and you're beautiful smile. I hope we can continue being friends for as long as possible. Even if I do something that'll mess it up.'

I frown as I place it down. "Why would you mess it up?" I question.

He shrugs. "I don't know. I just, I just don't want you to be shocked if I do perhaps do something that'll jeopardize it. Us."

I nod slowly, not fully understanding him and his meaning behind it.

I shake off the thought and get the little box out. It's black with a red ribbon around it.

I open it and gasp when I see the gold pillar bar inside. I turn it and look at the date that's on it and me and Enzo's name on it.

"What's the date for?" I ask confusedly.

"The date of when we became friends." I nod and smile.

The name engraved on it has literally Enzo on it and with me Gabby.

I giggle as I look at him to see him now holding a rose. A red rose.

I love red roses. One fact is I got into red roses when my mother took me to a rose garden a few years back when summer hit.

I was so excited all I talked about was the red roses we saw and how pretty they looked in sunlight.

As I get back to reality, I realize that our little nicknames we gave each other.

I get down from the counter and finally stand in front of him. His green eyes look down at me as my brown ones stare up at him.

My arms wrap themselves around his waist as his wrap around my shoulders.

Hugging him is like hugging a big teddy bear. His broad shoulders, long and muscular arms wrapped around me like a safe space.

A little cocoon of sorts.

They cute huh? I was gonna add drama but decided to wait it out

They cute huh? I was gonna add drama but decided to wait it out. So this chapter was basically a... what do ya call it, misunderstanding.

I guess that would be the word.

Hell I don't know.