Goodsprings

Goodsprings seems like a quiet town, I saw some of the farmhands working on some crops, some of them helping out their cows, and others just tending to their gardens. The air was fragrant with the smell of the earth, and the sound of insects buzzing in the air. And the occasional tumbleweeds blowing by.

The town seems resort and looks western by his standards. Granted, there was a saloon, a gas station, a school, and a few other buildings, but they looked like they've been around for a while. It was clear that the town's been through some hard times, but it seems like it's trying to rebuild itself.

The Wasteland isn't a forgiving place, but I can only hope that Goodsprings has a good enough spirit to rise up from the ashes.

I was about to head towards the saloon when I heard a voice from behind me.

"Hey, you must be the patient Doc Mitchell was talking about. You're Aiden, right?"

I turned around to see a man with bear ears, he has short brown hair, brown eyes, stubble beard, he wore a blue overalls underneath is a dirty white shirt.

"Who are you?" I asked the man.

"I'm Chet, I rundown a general store across the street over there." Chet points a store across from them, "I'd just got done dealing with the caravans for the shipments I ordered three weeks ago. The Crimson Caravans always makes sure to get things done, huh?"

The two of us went inside the store, I got a good look around and the selection of goods. Not much to look at since its pretty barebone, but I figure a man like Chet only brings out the good stuff for the right paying customer.

"Do you sell any weapons or ammo? I was looking to replace my ammo." I asked Chet, hoping he might have something available.

"Oh, I got a few pistols and ammo in stock. Even got some weapon mods and special ammo - well worth the LMD, if you ask me." Chet replied as he opens up his cabinets, where he stocks his weapons and ammo.

"If you're hurting for LMD. I've also got boxes of surplus ammo in the miscellaneous section. They're not great, but you get what you pay for."

I nod in agreement, and start to inspect the ammo and weapons. I wasn't too familiar with the types of weapons available, but I figured I'd take a look anyway.

"I'm looking for some answers actually. Do you know anything about the people who attacked me?" I asked Chet.

"The leader looks like a typical city boy. He had a bunch of Great Khans with him, probably head guns." Chet answered, as he goes to check his ammo box.

"Great Khans? Who are they?" I wasn't familiar with the term.

"They're a group of tribal warriors in the Wasteland out here. They're not the most pleasant folk, but they're not all bad either." Chet explains, "They're not the worst raiders in the wastes, but they're still dangerous."

I nodded my head in understanding, that made sense.

"The Great Khans normally stay in their own territory way up northeast, on account of them being enemies with the NCR. They're usually more concerned about protecting their own people and territory, and less concerned with outsiders." Chet continued his explanation.

"Anything else you can tell me about the Great Khans?" I was curious to know more.

"They're tough sons of bitches, mean but not crazy - they'll leave you alone unless you've got something they want. The Great Khans deal in illegal chems. There's a good chance the most chems you come across were made by Great Khans." Chet answered.

Now that's something that got my interests, what are chems? I wasn't familiar with the term either...

"Excuse me but... what are chems?"