Aiden

"Hn..." My eyes slowly opens up as I stare directly at the ceiling above me, everything looks worn down but that didn't bother me in the slightest.

"You're awake, how about that." A voice coming from my left, I push up my whole body trying to get up from the bed I was resting in.

"Woah, easy there, easy." The man in front of me was an older male, bald headed, he wore a worn-surgeon outfit, judging from his attire this man must have helped him. "You've been out cold for a couple of days now. Why don't you just relax for a second, get your bearings."

"W-who... who are you?" My voice felt low, raspy and dry, it felt like I haven't spoken in weeks.

"I'm Doc Mitchell, welcome to Goodsprings." said Doc Mitchell introduce himself to me. "How about you? Can you tell me your name?"

I was lost at words, I didn't know what to say. What was my name? I tried reaching out behind my thoughts trying to figure it out.

"Hmm... how about Aiden?" Doc Mitchell suggests. "Meaning "little fire" and I see some of that fire burning within you."

I took a deep breath and nod. "A-Aiden..." I say, getting used to the sound of the name. "That sounds good."

"Now, I hope you don't mind but I had to go rootin' around your noggin to get all the bits of lead out. I take pride in my needlework, but you better tell me if I left anything out of place." He then hands me mirror, and I checked it. I only saw my facial features; silver eyes and long disheveled silver hair. My age looks a little young, perhaps eighteen or nineteen at most?

I handed him back the mirror, as he puts it on the side, "No use keeping you sitting. Try standing up."

I was skeptical but I trust the doctor's judgement, before I slowly get up from the bed, I was shaking constantly perhaps being in the bed all day. Everything is all blurry and spinning, but I regained my movement as I tried to steady myself.

"That's it, there you go." Doc Mitchell gives me a warm smile. "Just take your time."

"Thank you..." I mumbled, trying to regain my bearings.

"Good. Why don't you walk down to the end of the room? Over by that vigor tester machine there." He points where the machine was located, it was at the far end of the room.

"Take it slow now. It ain't a race." Doc Mitchell commented before making his way over the machine.

I still feel wobbly and weak, but I muster up enough energy to walk slowly over to the machine. I felt like I was in a daze, everything was just a blur, but I was able to steady myself.

"Looking good so far. Go ahead and give the vigor tester a try. We'll learn right quick if you got back all your faculties." Doc Mitchell said to me.

I lift my hand onto the knob of the machine, the thing flickered to life where inside a thin sheet of glass, I saw a row of rectangular panels flip. In a few moments, the panels stopped, and the doctor inspected.

"Hmm... interesting, so you're not charismatic, but you're highly intelligential and tough to put down." He chuckles for a bit. "You got some mental scars, but we'll be able to patch them up just fine."

I was amazed, I didn't know what to say. I couldn't even remember being able to communicate with anyone else, I just stayed silent, I had no idea what to say.

"You'll get used to it soon enough." Doc Mitchell said, as he took a seat on a nearby chair. "Your body's been through some rough times, and it's going to take a while to recover from it.

I wordless sat on a coach across from the man, I was still processing what to do at this point. That's when I notice the doc trying to gain my attention.