Mountainstar felt her heart flutter upon resting her eyes on Nettleheart. The beautiful she-cat was resting in her nest, grooming herself. Her soft golden eyes opened and softened upon resting on Mountainstar. “Took you long enough.” She purred playfully, her voice like honey to Mountainstar’s ears. 

“Well someone has to feed the Clan.” Mountainstar waved her tail in a jooking matter as she approached her mate. She laid down next to Nettleheart and right away the golden-brown tabby began grooming Mountainstar, warming her up as Mountainstar pressed against her. She closed her eyes and allowed the warmth to comfort her. 

They sat in silence, their tails intertwined as they shared their prey. After they ate, Mountainstar rested her chin on her paws and without realizing, drifting off for a few moments. 

She awoke when Nettleheart nudged her and mewed softly. “It’s time to get ready for the gathering.” 

Mountainstar slowly opened her eyes and let out a yawn. “I didn’t mean to fall asleep.”

Nettleheart gave a soft chuckle. “It’s alright, I made sure to wake you up.” She touched her nose to Mountainstar’s and they stayed there for a few moments, both purring loudly. “Now get up, sleepy head.” She licked Mountainstar’s forehead and stood up, stretching out her limbs. 

Mountainstar did the same and the two of them stepped out of the den. Instantly they were both hit by a blast of cold air and instantly Mountainstar wished to return to her den, but there was a gathering to attend.

Both shivering, they stepped out into the main camp where the cats of MountainClan were already gathering to leave. She spotted Wrenpaw, Sparrowpaw and Finchpaw talking happily with Mossypaw and Petalpaw. She felt warmth deep in her heart seeing how much they had grown. I’m so excited to give them their warrior names. At this point, Mountainstar was convinced she was more excited than even they were. 

She turned away from her kits and spotted Owlbreeze approaching the group after leaving the medicine cat den. “How are the sick cats?”

“Troutstream is…unchanged right now.” Owlbreeze replied, looking slightly concerned but wiping the fear expression away quickly. “But the other two are fine. I gave them their herbs and they should sleep through the gathering until I can check on them when I return.” 

“Good to hear.” Mountainstar could tell she was a bit nervous, but she had faith in Owlbreeze. She had been doing great ever since joining the Clan.  “Are we all ready?” She questioned, looking over her Clanmates. The cats of MountainClan nodded and gave small mews of confirmation. With her Clanmates ready, Mountainstar led them out of the camp and into the cold forest. 

They crossed through MountainClan camp, most of the MountainClan warriors huddling together to try and keep warm. She made sure keep a quick pace so they wouldn’t be out in the cold for too much longer. 

As they arrived at the gathering hollow, Moutainstar spotted Timberstar arriving with LichenClan behind him. “Good evening, Timberstar.” She greeted respectfully. 

“Good evening, Mountainstar.” The LichenClan leader dipped his head and they began entering the hollow together. “How are things in MountainClan?”

“They’re good, all of our sick cats have been recovering.” She replied, which was mostly true as she thought about Troutstream, but he was recovering well according to Owlbreeze. She was doing careful not to show any major issues with her Clan, even if she did trust Timberstar, it was something the traveling Clan cats made sure to tell her. “What about LichenClan?”

“We’re doing well, despite freezing our tails off half the time.” Timberstar joked and the two of them shared a small laugh as they entered the hollow. SunClan and AshClan had already arrived and she couldn’t help but notice that AshClan seemed isolated from SunClan. Mountainstar was not surprised to see that Violetstar and MoonClan were no where to be seen.