🔎🖤 : Dustins POV

Start from the beginning

"You think I can just act like nothing happened?" Dustin asked incredulously. He searched Lizas face for any signs that she was joking. She had to be, because the Liza he knew wouldn't even bat an eye at violence. This however wasn't the Liza he knew, this was a Liza no one had ever seen before, this was heartbreak. "Liz. . ."

While his sister told him that he would forgive Steve eventually and that Mike and Lucas - who Dustin knew never had a connection with Steve - could give him hell, Dustin fumed. He couldn't comprehend the idea that Steve had broken up with Liza as there was no plausible reasoning that he could find. Just the other day he had seen them cuddled up on her bed watching a movie with Robin.

The thought of Robin brought forward another train of thought, why wasn't Robin there? Liza had sobbed at the mention of both the girl and Steve, which meant that Lisa's so-called soulmate had a hand in the breakup as well. A brief idea that Liza had found out that Robin and Steve were going behind her back passed his mind but he immediately shoved it away. There was no way that Robin or Steve would do that to Liza, plus if Steve was cheating he would be dead already. However, it was clear that Robin had been part of the breakup in some way.

"I'm gonna stab him." Mike started with clenched fists once Liza had gone into the house. "I'm gonna fucking stab him."

"Get in a few for me, right in his stupid face." Dustin grumbled.

"Did she tell us why he broke up with her? I don't remember." Lucas looked to his friends.

"Nope, but we are gonna find out." Dustin huffed.

~x~

The next day Dustin went with Mike and Lucas to Family Video. He was going to go in with them to interrogate Steve but as soon as he looked in and saw the boy, rage filled his veins like burning hot lava. Mike was surprisingly the voice of reason and told him to wait outside, that if they were going to get anything out of Steve they had to go in like they didn't know anything. Dustin had huffed and said that it was his sister but Lucas had said that made him a liability to the plan.

Leaving Dustin behind, Mike and Lucas walked into the store nonchalantly. Their eyes scanned the store for Steve, finding him stocking a section with a look of dejection on his face. Mike scoffed and shook out his hands that had clenched into fists. They approached Steve, ready to pretend to not know anything. It was clear that Steve was in his own world as he didn't even acknowledge them as they stood beside him.

"Hey, Harrington." Mike said, causing Steve to jump and turn to face them. "Woah, you look like shit."

"Yeah, uh, rough day I guess." Steve shrugged, assuming they hadn't found out yet if they were still being their version of nice to him.

"We can see that." Lucas scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Have you heard from Liz?"

"No, I haven't, why?" Steve asked worriedly.

"Because she was supposed to hang with us today and she didn't show up." Mike said, fighting to keep his face neutral.

"Oh." Steve scratched the back of his neck. "Uh, I don't think I'm the person to ask anymore."

"Why not?" Mike pushed.

"I don't-"

"Yeah, why not Steve?" Lucas ground out.

"Because we broke up." Steve huffed, throwing his hands up. "Because Robin spied on Liza and that freak Munson and she found out and I broke up with her!"

"So you broke up with Liza because Robin spied and saw what exactly?" Mike questioned, dropping his fake neutral expression straight to his bitch face.