chapter seventeen: hunting and insanity

Start from the beginning

"Well, you must be very jealous of me then!" I said after swallowing the bite of 'warm bread'.

"On the contrary, Sweetheart, I envy the toast." He said and I frowned in confusion.

"Why on earth would you envy toast?" I said before taking another bite.

"Because you have your lips wrapped around it" Henrik said, his dark gaze fixed on me and I very narrowly avoided choking on the toast.

"Oh." I squeaked after swallowing.

A sly smile appeared on his lips, "Oh?"

In a split second description, I threw the remaining toast back on the plate and threw my arms around his neck, smothering him with a kiss. He responded in kind and backed me against the kitchen table before lifting me and placing me on top of it. I broke away and began to scatter kisses down his throat, not minding the scratch of his stubble.

"Fuck!" He groaned, his voice gravelly, as he pulled me back to his lips, gripping my hair. I moaned into the kiss as I reached up and tugged on his hair. Henrik pulled my hair harder in response, causing my head to tilt back so he could trail kisses down my neck. His hands made quick work of untying my dressing gown, leaving it hanging open. I should have felt self conscious but with the way Henrik looked at me, I felt cherished.

He gently pushed my backwards until I was lying on the table with my legs gripped around his waist. I tried to touch him but he gripped both my wrists and pinned them above my head with one hand.

"This okay?" He whispered into my ear and since I'd forgotten how to speak, I nodded furiously.

He began peppering kisses across my chest and I squirmed in his hold, desperate for more. His mouth travelled lower until he was placing tender kisses on my stomach. He looked up as me through his eyelashes in a way that made me spontaneously combust. With his unoccupied hand, he grabbed one of my legs and draped it over his shoulder. The hand pinning my wrists let go so he could do the same with my other leg but his eyes warned me to keep my hands where they were.

I felt so exposed in this position but it only made me want me want him more. My brain didn't have time to process what Henrik was doing before his mouth lowered onto me and I let out a loud gasp of both shock and unexpected pleasure. I could barely think as his tongue explored me and I reached a peak of pleasure I'd never thought was possible. When I came down from my climax, I still wanted more.

Henrik's eyes were hungry as I removed my legs from around his neck, sat up and kissed him, tasting myself on his lips.

"Please, Henrik, I need more." I begged, regaining my ability to speak.

He let out a pained groan as he pulled away, "We can't, I haven't got any condoms."

"That doesn't matter," I said, pulling him back to my lips, "What's the worst that could happen?"

He pulled away again, looking as me oddly, "I could get you pregnant."

"Would that be so bad? I want to have a baby with you." I said with a shrug, reaching to touch him but he moved away with a flinch.

"A baby is the last thing we need." He said seriously and I felt my heart crack slightly.

"Do you not want to have children with me?" I said, pushing down the urge to cry.

"In the future, of course! But having a child now, for so many reasons, would be insane." He said and this time it was me that flinched.

Doing up my dressing gown, I got off the table and tried to walk away but he gently grabbed by arm and tilted my face upwards so I was forced to look at him. He scanned my face with a quizzical expression, trying to find an answer.

"I know what this is." He said, having come to a conclusion, "With Klaus and Elijah gone, you feel like you've lost your newfound family so you're trying to replace them with a child."

"Don't psychoanalysis me." I spat, pulling away from him and leaving the kitchen, knowing that he was most certainly correct.

"Morgana!" Henrik called, following after me, "I know you miss them. I miss them too but a baby isn't going to solve that."

I could no longer hold my tears back and I began weeping in the middle of the living room. Henrik quickly reached me and wrapped me in a tight embrace. I cried into his chest as he rubbed my back, murmuring comforting words.

"I just want a family. All I've ever wanted is a family." I said blankly when my tears eventually dried up. I looked up at Henrik to find that his eyes were wet with tears.

"I'll find them, Morgana. I promise you I'll find our family."

Writing intimate scenes is still way out of my comfort zone so I hope I've done alright so far.

Please be kind to Morgana. I know that she can act insecure, needy and often insane, but that's because she's been through some really tough shit. Please don't call her trauma responses annoying, since not only is that deeply insensitive but also very disrespectful to me, who has based Morgana off of my own traits and experiences. Morgana has a lot of things to deal with and work though before she can become the best version of herself. I really hope you'll stick around and read about her journey!

Originally published: October 6th 2023