a match made

chapter eight, a match made

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

The Next Morning

"Morning!" Haru greets the shrine spirits as he walks into the room.

"A good morning to you, Lord Haru!" They greet in unison.

"Where's Tomoe?" Haru sighs. After what happened last night, he can only imagine what Tomoe is sulking about now with his decisions.

"He appears to be in a foul mood." Kotetsu answers, looking at the trapdoor on the floor in the middle of the room.

'Go figure.'

"He has shut himself in his room. He has been down there ever since Princess Himemiko left." Onikiri says, looking at the trapdoor too.

"Master Tomoe?" Kotetsu calls out.

"Lord Haru is here to see you." Onikiri announces, but was only met with silence.

"It cannot be helped, we shall start preparing the morning meal." With that, the shrine spirits floated away to do just that.

Haru stared at the trapdoor, tapping it with his foot. "Are you upset because of yesterday? Of course you are." Haru says, answering his own question.

"I know I'm very stubborn when it comes to you, especially when I went against your wishes to not come out of that room." Haru thinks back to his late night thoughts about Tomoe and him, a way so they can solve their differences and come to a compromise.

"I know that your trying to do your duties as a familiar and I am trying to make an effort to appreciate you moreover. I'll work hard so you don't have to worry so much." Haru felt something burning on the back of his neck.

"And Tomoe your standing right behind me, aren't you?" Haru blanked.

"You really like conversing with yourself." Tomoe says, leaning against the doorframe. Haru turns around to face Tomoe, resisting his face to turn red from embarrassment.

"Say your breath in regards to Himemiko. I will go later and express our regrets, just keep yourself out of the matter." Tomoe says.

'Am I sure I want to make amends with this guy?'

"Humans and yokai are simply not meant to be together. Besides, what could you have done?" A tick mark appears on Haru's head.