a new beginning

chapter four, a new beginning

•───────•°•❀•°•───────•

Haru and the shrine spirits were somewhere in the forest, catching their breaths after running for so long. Haru put the pepper spray back in his pocket, just in case.

"I think *pant* we're *pant* in the clear now." Kotetsu says breathing heavily after that run.

"Lord Haru, you need to go back and make Tomoe your familiar." Onikiri cries, trying to convince Haru to go back to Tomoe.

"No. I'm going back and that's final." Haru said firmly, not budging from his decision. He began to walk back in the direction they were going. The shrine spirits quickly followed him, still trying to convince Haru to make Tomoe his familiar.

"But Lord Haru, if you go back to seal the contract to make Tomoe your familiar-" Onikiri begins.

"-Master Tomoe will have no choice but to obey your every command!" Kotetsu finishes, this made Haru stop in his tracks.

"My every command? Really?" Haru questions in disbelief.

"Yes, that is the duties of the familiar that the land god possesses." Onikiri says, confirming what they said. Haru began to think about it, now having a clear mind after all that running.

"That does sound beneficial..." Haru trailed off, muttering to himself.

"What is it that I have to do, to seal the contract, I mean." Haru questions with a raised brow.

"It's quite simple, my lord." Onikiri says.

"You must take him-" Kotetsu begins.

"And then kiss him right on the mouth!" The two simultaneously say, Haru's face became a little blue.

Haru didn't hear what they said next because he was already gone and out of their sight. Haru quickly ran back, trying to get out of the wonder over yonder. He just wanted this all to be over with.

'There's no way I can do that! Especially with Tomoe!' Haru thought, his expression a little blue.

He could hear the shrine spirits calling for him but he just kept walking away, until he saw a old woman on the ground. She whimpers poorly to him, asking him to help her back to her house. Haru just stared her down with cold eyes.

He had a bad gut feeling, he ignored it last time due to his own anger, but he's not gonna ignore it this time.

"I'm not falling for that." Haru mutters, quickly moving away from the old lady. Just after he moved away he can hear the old womans' cries turn into screeching and maniacal laughs. He glanced behind him to see the old woman transformed into a ragged, ugly monster.