CHAPTER 19

I had a dream. A long dream, that felt like it was going on forever. I was with Meryl, our lips meeting in a passionate kiss. I could feel her breath on my skin and the desire in her eyes.

I was dancing eternally with Meryl at prom, our bodies swirled together in a sea of motion and music. She leaned in to kiss me, and I could feel her breath on my skin.

In this dream, Meryl wasn't cold like she usually was. I could hear her laughter and her voice as she whispered into my ear, and it felt like we were alone in that crowded dance floor.

The deep sorrow I felt was painful and overwhelming, and I knew that our dance could never happen again. But I wasn't ready to wake up from this dream.

I didn't know if this dream was purgatory or if it was just me asleep. My chest felt like it was squeezing and getting tight like a rock, and I wasn't sure if it was physical pain or emotional pain. It was agonizing, though.

Despite the pain, I felt a sense of peace wash over me and I didn't want to leave this dream. I was with Meryl again, and for the first time in a long while, I felt that everything was going to be okay.

I stood in this infinite darkness, struggling to make sense of it all. I could feel my dreams crumbling all around me, and I couldn't see anything but the darkness of this void.

My heart was pounding in my chest and I tried to call out for help, but no one came. Nothing, only the sound of my own breathing and the rush of the blood in my veins.

I was alone and trapped in the darkness, and I had no idea of what was happening to me. Was this really a dream, or was it something worse?

I felt as if I could hear someone calling my name, but the voice was so faint and distant that it almost felt like it was my imagination.

But the sound grew louder, and I could hear it coming closer and closer. And finally, I heard it right in front of me. I opened my eyes to a room with dimmed lights, and there was someone calling my name. As I opened my eyes, the voice was no longer a distant faint whisper but clear and real. And it was Meryl.

When I woke up, the sound of my name being called was fading away. I looked around the room, and to my disbelief, it was completely empty. Not a single person, but elegant red items and decorations filled the room. Where was everyone?

I quickly got out of bed and tried to make sense of everything. Who had called my name, and where was everyone? The room was still and silent, and I was starting to feel scared.

I slowly opened the door and stepped into the next room, hoping to find someone who could help explain this strange situation to me.

I stopped in my tracks when I stepped into the next room. Suddenly, my stomach felt like it was on fire, and my mind felt numb with dark thoughts. I tried to make sense of everything that was happening, but the burning pain in my stomach became more intense. I couldn't help but bend over and retch, the dark thoughts growing louder and louder in my mind. It felt like the world was spinning, and nothing made sense anymore.

My head was swimming and my stomach burning with pain, and I felt like I needed to throw up. So I stumbled into the bathroom, hoping to find some relief.

When I turned on the light, I saw something that nearly gave me a heart attack. In the mirror reflection, I could see my irises, and they were blood red. I couldn't believe it. What was happening to me?

I tried to make sense of the horrifying sight in front of me, but I couldn't. My vision started to blur, and I sank to the floor, feeling as if I was having hallucinations.

I could feel the blood rushing through my veins, and my heart beating rapidly in my chest. I had to make sure this was real. I stood up and looked at my fangs in the mirror. And there they were. Sharp and long, as if they were meant to tear through flesh and bone.