Chapter 15 Masons pov

"I'm ready." She says. Well this is it. This is really happening. I'm really changing my whole life for this girl. I was just about to say something when she says "I'll be right back."
I see her run upstairs, suit case still in hand. She is up there for a while and just when I'm about to go check on her, she comes running down.
"I'm ready. For real." She says. She's not smiling but she has this sort of glimmer in her eyes like she just discovered a big secret. I take her bags and we walk out the door. To the new beginning.
*******
This was the awkward part. I was planning on telling her all this when we got back to my place. When I had dealt with Serena, who was waiting at the apartment.
"Well you are a hybrid Drew. That has only happened a few times, and the hybrid was typically dealt with before it was even a day old." I say this is awkward. Ugh! I wanted to wait to tell her everything. What she might have to do. What might have to happen. "Why is it so bad if someone is a hybrid." She asks.
"Well about 95 years ago, a powerful hybrid was born. He had very unusual powers, and he eventually rose and gained even more power. Well, he's now what our kind call, the Dark One."
"I may not know much about this. And think it's wildly crazy. But I know enough that The Dark One is not a very nice person."
She has no idea what will be happening if one thing goes wrong. If one mistake is made. I look over at her, she is beautiful. Perfect. And I want her all to myself. But she's not mine to have. She already belongs to someone else.