As I listened to Durk talk I really found myself engaged in everything he was telling me. From the background of his mom, his dad being in jail, his deceased brother and even the things he's done on the streets. I felt like he had a story to tell but was never able to express it. Our conversation continued on for about an hour as we went back and forth sharing some of our best and worst memories. 

"So how do you deal with all of this. Especially now that you are gaining fame I know that has to be exhausting"

He shrugged "It's not too exhausting I know how to balance my music and personal life. I pour my heart into these songs and find peace in other things" he nodded at the double cup in the cup holder. Making me sit up and look in it before looking back at him raising my eyebrow.

"Hmm" Was all I could say. I wasn't one to judge but I felt like depending on drugs and lean wasn't a mental thing it wasn't something the body necessarily needed to function it instead weakened the way people functioned.

He laughed "You about to judge me huh?"

I quickly shook my head "No why would I? Everybody has their own way to cope through things"

"Yeah so what's your way?" He ashed his wood and sat back in his seat before putting his right hand on my thigh moving it up and down. I'm guessing physical touch was something he endured in. I wasn't complaining though.

I moved his hand and moved from my seat so I could sit on his lap catching him off guard. I grabbed his hand putting it back on my thigh and leaned against the window continuing our conversation.  "Believe it or not whenever I'm stressed I like to sing and write songs" Something I picked up as a habit while watching my dad work.

"Go ahead and sing for me. I'm all ears"

"Nah you're all eyes big ass eyes. But you're cute so it's fine" I laughed and he smacked his lips.

"See you starting shit, Fuck off my lap" He moved his hand and put it behind his head.

If my parent's ain't raise me right I would've folded and let him slut me out right here at this very moment.

"Why you not singing yet. I'm waiting.." His eyes were now closed.

"This ain't American Idol" I shrugged and heard vibrating. "That's your phone? You better answer, it's Probably one of your hoes"

He opened his eyes and reached into his pocket to pull out his phone. While he talked on the phone I examined his jewelry. He had on more than the usual today. The chains stood out the most to me especially the big ass "O-Block" and "Nuski" chain.

"Yea I'll be there in a minute" I heard him say before he tapped my thigh twice. I got out of his lap and sat back in the passenger seat. Once he was done on the phone he started up the car and looked over at me. "My bad, You wanna go with me?"

I looked down at what I was wearing and then back up at him. "Now does it look like I'm dressed to be going places?"

"Aye who you think you be talking to like that? The next time you say some slick shit ima snatch you the fuck up" He pulled off heading out of the lot.

I laughed "Do it then, I'm not with all that talkin.." Before I could finish my sentence. I felt his hand gripping my neck, not too tight though. Enough for my liking actually.

"What you say?" I could feel him tightening his grip while bringing my face closer to his.

I grabbed his wrist so he could let me go and once he did I cleared my throat "Anyways where are you about to go?"

"To handle some business" He said keeping his eyes straight ahead. I didn't live far from where we were parked so I slid my slides back on.

"Hmm and where is this business?" I grabbed my keys out of my purse.

He didn't respond he instead laughed. I didn't find anything funny since I was serious. "I look like a joke to you or something? What's funny?" I took off my seat belt as we approached the front of my building.

"You acting federal with these questions. Ain't that ya pops" he nodded towards my building and behold my damn father standing there on the phone with someone. I scrunched my face up because what was he doing here at this time.

I sighed "Yeah that's him.. wait how do you know what he looked like?" I side eyed him because I never showed him a picture of any of my family members.

"I mean I listen to RnB so I heard his music before. I know what the nigga look like. Plus I seen him on your Instagram"

"Ohhh so you was lurking on my Instagram? Who's the one acting federal now. Anyways let me go I have to work in the morning, I'll see you again in another two weeks right?" I joked while opening my door before quickly closing it before my dad could see who was inside.

"Old man why are you outside where is Mom and Zoey?" I smiled walking closer to the front of the building.

"Who was that?" He completely ignored my questions and mugged watching as Durk pulled off. Thankfully his windows were tinted.

"You know I'm not paying for your tuition for you to be out here losing focus Justice"

I sighed walking into the building with him following behind me. "What are you even talking about? I'm very much focused on school. You buggin" Getting onto the elevator I pressed the eighteenth floor and tuned him out on the way up. 

Approaching my apartment I twisted the handle and wasn't surprised that the door was unlocked. I walked in saying a quick 'Hey' to my mother and went to my bedroom, growing irritated as I seen Zoey laying in my bed. 

"Gimme that spare key" was the first thing I could say to her

She reached over into her hoodie and gave me the only spare key I had to this apartment. "Here. What do you need it for?"

"Because it's mine and yall not about to just walk in here whenever yall want to" I said with an attitude. 

"Girl don't get smart with me. I was trying to let you know we were coming into town but you never want to answer the phone"

I sat at the edge of the bed and scrolled on my phone. "That's because every time I answer the phone for you it's some drama or you want something"

"That's not true" 

"Don't yall have a hotel or something. Get out!" I rolled my eyes while texting Durk back. 

"You're always so angry you need to get you some dick in your life. Speaking of..Dessire said you was seeing someone so tell me all about him. Well technically I already know about him I did my little research on him. So is he a munch or not?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

❤️🫶🏾