11 •

Justice

Justice

"I should fuck you up for this last minute appointment Justice" Chris placed the hot comb on top of my head and I slightly flinched which made him look at through the mirror. "Girl would you stop moving I need this to lay flat. You finna eat the gworls up with this one"

I smiled "I'm sorry you just heavy handed as hell"

Chris worked with me at the medical office but also did hair on the side. He was one of the best stylists up North but due to his work and school schedule he was hard to book with. I, of course had to beg him to fit me in this afternoon after work. Tonight was Durk's concert and I of course waited to the last minute to change my hairstyle.

"Oh whatever, anyways What's the tea with yall?" He pointed the end of the rat tail comb towards my phone since I was watching Durk's Instagram story.

I pressed the lock button on my phone and smiled "We cool.."

"Uhn uhn stop all that 'we cool' shit. Yall been cooling for a lil while now. How cold does it need to get? We know that's your man" he laughed and ran the comb through the piece of hair he just straightened.

I pursed my lips and  played with the one of the two diamond chokers around my neck that Durk gave to me two weeks ago. "Ehh Okay I do like him. I spend damn near everyday with him and we're definitely locked in but I'm just having a hard time understanding a lot of the things he do"

"Whatchu' Mean?" Chris came around to the front of the chair focusing on the middle part as he moved further away from the chair and nodded "Yup! See that's what you call a middle part. This better than when Moses parted the Red Sea" He stuck out his tongue and grabbed the edge control.

"You are something else. But I mean like he's open with me but at the same time so restrained like unemotional at times, to an extent."

"Well Justice you dealing with a man from the Southside of Chicago, with a rough ass background and a mental mind of people being disloyal around him. Did you really expect him to be a open book?" Chris spoke truthfully.

I nodded "No you're right, I just have this thing that I do where  I like to figure people out and expect them to be comfortable with me asap" This was something that I always did, I loved being the person for someone to vent to. All of my friends and family members could vouch for it. The older I got I realized that this was just a way for me to hide my own feelings and emotions.

"Well he's obviously somewhat comfortable with you to be at his house and gifting you jewelry and shit. Mhm you must got some power between your legs huh?"