Chapter 19: Chapter 19

"Oh, by the way, your father's birthday is the day after tomorrow, right?"

"Yes, that's right."

As if he didn't expect me to remember his father's birthday, he was surprised.

I smiled softly at him, who was obviously touched by my consideration.

"Your father used to like snacks a lot, right? Let me give you five days of vacation, starting tomorrow, so you can visit your father. Tell the chief chef to make some cakes and cookies for your father, and get some herbs that are good for senior people."

"Thank you, young lady."

"Please send my regards to him. Have a good vacation! "

"Thanks, lady."

The butler bowed deeply before leaving. I felt it would take a bit more time to investigate the personal details of the staff, but as it was not urgent, I leisurely opened a thin book.

"My lady."

"Huh?"

"Your father has just arrived."

"Oh yeah. Let me go down to see him," I took my eyes off of the book at Lina's reminder.

When I hastily got down downstairs, I saw him approaching me with disciplined footsteps.

"Come on in, daddy!"

"Sorry for being late. It's quite chilly outside. Let's go in. "

"Yeah. It looks like you had lots of work today. "

"Well, you're right. I had to take care of something."

I didn't think he was at the palace until a moment ago. Although I was a bit puzzled, I didn't ask further.

"You look very tired, Daddy."

"No, I'm fine. What's the matter?"

"I have something to tell you."

"Really? Follow me, then. "

"Yes, Dad."

As if he wanted to talk to me first, he headed to the office right away instead of telling me to go first and wait. Taking off his navy blue uniform jacket, he sat down and said, "So, what do you want to say to me?"

"Well, l have something to tell you first, Dad. I gave the butler five days of vacation leave. As the day after tomorrow is his father's birthday, I told him to visit his father back home."

"Yes, good job, honey."

"I have something to tell you about myself. Well, can I take care of household affairs from now on?"

"Are you sure?" He looked at me curiously.

"Yes, daddy. Right now, you're taking care of everything by yourself. I want to help you in one way or another. Besides, household affairs are supposed to be managed by a woman, so I think it's not good to rely on others blindly."

"Got it. Tia, I'm not saying this because I can't believe in you, but don't you think you are biting off more than you can chew?"

"I will ask for your help if I find it hard. As I don't have a mother, I'm gonna have to do it on her behalf someday anyway. Just think of it as I'm starting a little earlier than others. "

"Okay, I understand. Let me tell the butler to help you take over as soon as he comes back from the vacation. If you have a hard time, feel free to talk to me anytime."

"Okay. Thank you, Dad. "

Although I was supposed to take care of the household work someday, I was surprised that he gladly accepted my request. Taking charge of the household work might seem attractive at first glance because I would have the enormous power over the cash, but it carried lots of responsibility on my part. The higher the noble, the greater the size of the family. That meant more responsibility on the part of the person keeping the cash. Therefore, even if there was no lady of the house, it was impossible for a ten-year-old child to keep the cash, and that was unthinkable in the case of the Monique family.