Chapter 18: Chapter 18

Allendis continued, "If you would consider me as her prospective partner, it would be very useful to solve that difficult situation. I feel uncomfortable saying it, but I'm a good groom, though I'm still young. What do you think?"

"...My daughter's opinion does really matter."

"Yes, that's right. If my relationship with your daughter has fully developed by that time, I would like to propose to her formally. But if your daughter is dating another man, I will give up neatly on the condition that he is worthy of being her partner."

Although the main topic was about me, they totally excluded me from the conversation. They were now slowly wrapping it up.

"Good. I don't think of you as my son-in-law, but if you meet one condition, I will allow you to hang around her as Tia's friend, but be careful. My daughter is still the crown prince's fiancee."

"Of course. What is the condition? " Allendis said with a bright smile.

Without answering the question, however, my father rose from his seat and looked back at me.

"Tia, I have to go to the palace. Actually, I should have left earlier, so I'm a little late. See you later in the evening."

"Oh, you were supposed to go to work today. Take care, Dad. "

"Okay."

While walking away without casting a glance at Allendis, my father turned slightly and said,

"If you want to stay with my daughter, you should be able to save her from any dangerous situation. As Duke Verita has never been trained in martial arts, come to see me in person, starting tomorrow. Let me train you directly."

"Uh, how much progress do you want to make in martial arts?"

"Well, if you want to defend my daughter, you should be able to beat a group of knights without any difficulty. I'll see you tomorrow. "

The boy, who stared at my father who made such remarks casually flopped down on the spot.

"Not one knight but a group of knights? I'm done!"

I chuckled at his desperate expression. When he watched me giggling quietly, covering my mouth, Allendis said with a sigh, "Don't laugh. My family members have never been trained in martial arts from generation to generation. Besides, I'm also very clumsy in using a sword."

"Oh, really? That's why I've never seen any remarkable knights from the Verita family. "

"Yes, you're right. They are very smart, but strange enough, they are very clumsy in martial arts. I can't help it, though. I have no choice but to follow your father's direction in order to get a pretty and smart wife like you."

I couldn't find any of the seriousness in him that he showed while he was talking with my father. He was back to his jovial and playful moods again.

"Oh, sorry. Aristia. "

"About what?"

"I think I didn't ask for your opinion while I was talking with your father about you."

"Ah..."

To be honest, I didn't feel bad at all. I was absent-minded when he was about to propose and my father suddenly appeared to stop him, which got them entangled in a war of words. I felt good when he politely apologized.

So, I said with a light smile, "Well, let me accept your apology."

"Thank you, miss," his tone was polite and playful as he smiled.

"Let me start my relationship with you as a friend like your father suggested, but Tia... "

"Huh?"

"When you become an adult, I hope you can recognize that I was the first to know your true value and propose to you."