Chapter 2: Chapter 2

"Mom and dad... ... . "

I felt sorry that I have hated her until now. When I opened my mouth to say something to comfort her, I suddenly heard a cold voice from behind me.

"What's going on here?"

It was a very cold voice. Obviously, I didn't hear anyone approaching, but he came to me and stared at me sharply.

"I'm honored to see the Sun of the Empire, Your Majesty."

"Jiun, what's up? Why are you crying? "

"Rub."

Rublis Camaludin Shana Castina. Rub? I gave a hollow smile at that. For the past sixteen years, I was not even allowed to call his name, but she called him by his nickname so easily.

"What did you do to Jiun? What did you say to make her cry like this? Why is she crying? "

"Your Majesty?"

I felt it was unfair. Why is he blaming me first? What did I do to her?

"No, Rub. Tia didn't do anything to me. I just cried because I missed my family."

"... Oh, got it, Jiun, go and get some rest. I will follow you soon."

I felt bitter when I saw him looking at her tenderly. My heart was broken when I saw him soothing her with a warm voice that I had never experienced. I shed tears when I watched him wistfully looking at her, as if he felt she was so lovely.

Even when he looked at me coldly with contempt and a cynical smile after she left, I lowered my head without telling him I was heartbroken.

"Let me warn you," he said.

"Pardon? Your Majesty?"

"Don't approach her. She is tender and innocent. She is not the type of woman you can mess with."

"Your Majesty."

I was choked with emotions when he scolded me like that.

"Did you think the position of the empress was yours? No way. You were once respected as the future empress because I wrongly interpreted the oracle. It was originally reserved for Jiun, not you. "

"... "

"Let me forgive you this time. But when this happens again, I'll get you."

"I will keep it in mind, Your Majesty."

I was so heartbroken when he turned back coldly after warning me. What did I do to her? I didn't do anything. I just tried to understand her.

"Oh, you are here."

"What's the matter?"

"I have been looking for you for a long time because there are some papers you need to sign urgently. As the emperor is not available, we can't handle lots of stuff..."

"...Really? Got it. Let's go back. "

I glanced at the chief palace official blankly. Papers that need urgent signing, and the affairs of the palace office that don't run smoothly without me. That's the value of my existence. I'm supposed to make up for the empress's role as she is not yet accustomed to the royal manners and customs. And that's why I'm here at the palace.

Telling the official with a sigh to walk ahead of me, I followed the palace affairs director, ignoring the tears dropping on my dress.

***

"Tia, are you the emperor's concubine?"

What happened to her today? I was annoyed when she, with tears welled in her eyes, abruptly came to me and asked if I was the emperor's concubine. I was dumbfounded to hear that.