Chapter 9: Chapter 9

If this was really a dream, I could not know when I would wake up. So, I wanted to do all things I couldn't do even for a short time while I was dreaming.

I broke out in a cold sweat when I thought of seeing his face again.

How could I have a meal with him when I showed my ugliness? I tried not to go anyway, but I eventually got up at Lina's repeated persuasion.

"Come on in!"

My father was already waiting for me. I sat down, still feeling awkward.

"I'm sorry for being late, daddy."

Huh? Did he wince at me? As his motion was so small, I did not know if I had seen it well.

I tilted my head while moving my fork in silence. Why is he making such an expression? Is he displeased with behavior?

"You don't look good. Are you okay, daddy?"

This time his motion was rather big. Didn't he really like the food?

"Oh, no."

"You look uncomfortable. Are you really alright?"

"I'm fine."

"Then, what's the matter with you? If you tell me, let me tell them to correct it immediately. "

I asked him again why he was acting unnaturally today. He was silent for a long time, with his face hardened, and then said finally, "Why don't you call me like you did before?"

"Pardon?"

"I mean, why don't you call me like you did in the training field?"

Huh? Training field? What did I call you then?

"Daddy..." My face blushed. Oh My God. What did I do there?

I realized that I was doing something that I wouldn't have even imagined normally.

Although I vowed that I would act freely as I wished, I was very embarrassed.

As I couldn't see him face to face, I looked down. As if he felt the same way, he cleared his throat several times and said, "Yeah, that's the thing."

"... "

"Call me like that in the future."

"Excuse me?"

"Hummm... let me leave first as I have got something to do."

I blankly stared at my father as he quickly left the dining room.

Does he mean I have to call him daddy in the future? Oh, no way. I think I heard it wrong.

As someone who is notorious for being blunt, he wouldn't want me to do that.

When I stood up, shaking my head, I suddenly saw the attendant and maids looking at me blankly. I was suspicious of their puzzled look. Wasn't it that I heard wrong? Then, he wanted me to call him daddy from now on?

I broke into laughter unconsciously. If this was a dream, I never wanted to wake up because unlike the harsh reality I had lived in, I was happy in my dream.

I thought of my father, who tightened his grip on his hands holding me in his arms, for fear that I had fallen. I also recalled his strong chest and fast heartbeat. The warmth of my father that I felt for the first time soothed my tired mind.

If this moment could continue, if I could enjoy this happiness, I could sleep and die forever.

I prayed with all my strength that if this was a dream, I would never wake up.