'She hasn't worn them in years.' He said before grabbing something out of his pocket. He offered two tablets to me. I raised my eyes in question. 'Tylenol for the headache?'

'Oh!' I exclaimed, taking the tablets from him. A smile broke out onto my face and I impulsively grabbed his cheeks. 'Thanks E.' I said. To my surprise a fine blush formed on his face. He quickly shoved me off.

'Yeah, it's whatever.' He muttered bashfully. I laughed, heading down the hallway to the bathroom. Who would have known that the town's badass could be a total sweetheart?

***

'Rosie!' I spun around just in time to catch Park in my arms. She laughed uncontrollably as I spun her around.

'Hey Park.' I said with a grin, setting her down.

'I missed you.' She exclaimed and I laughed.

'I missed you too. How was your sleepover?'

'Oh my god, it was so good! Charlotte is my best friend but it wasn't just Charlotte there. There were five other girls and they were all really nice!' she said, holding up five fingers.

'Sounds like a lot of fun. Have you had breakfast?' I asked, propping myself up on the stool opposite her.

'Yes. But I would love some more because I'm a growing girl.' She said with a mischievous smile, rubbing her stomach.

'Sure. What do you want?' I asked, jumping off the stool. I still wasn't used to the enormity of the kitchen. The kitchen itself was bigger than my entire house, and the pantry was as big as my kitchen.

Traipsing inside the walk in pantry, I looked around. There was really no point. At home I would make a meal in accordance to what we had. Here, I could make absolutely anything. If I were rich I'd be fat. Park followed me.

'Blue-berry pancakes!' she cheered and I beamed.

'Ooh! That sounds yummy.' I said, tickling her sides. She grinned. 'Go get your brother and see if he wants any while I get a start on these.' I said, collecting the ingredients needed. With ingredients in hand, I returned to the kitchen and began to mix the batter.

A few minutes later Park returned on the shoulders of Ethan. I smiled to myself. After becoming accustomed to Ethan – the bad boy – for my entire life, it was weird to see this side of him. A good weird, but nonetheless – weird.

'Ethan wants fifty pancakes and I want ten.' Park said, giggling. I rolled my eyes.

'How about we start with one for each of you?' I suggested, pouring the first lot of batter onto the pan.

'Okay.' She agreed obediently.

'So what are we doing today?' I asked, leaning over the table to face her while she grinned. She was honestly the happiest, most adorable child I had ever met.