Chapter Twenty Six

Start from the beginning

"You are a dick." Jessie took off her shirt again so she could put on the bra.

"I'm not... but I do have one stored somewhere in the room. If you are good maybe I'll show you what I can do with it." I dodged the pillow she sent my way and chuckled.

"Do you ever get your head out of the gutter?"

"My head is a gutter babe." I grabbed her hands and made her sit on my lap.

"I know it is." Jessie ran her fingers over the marks she left on my neck—pride obvious on her face. "I should really get going."

I nodded—I understood, is not like she was planning on staying the night. Besides Dyvia is awake and being very nosey, I can't hide Jessie in my room forever. "You know... I'll be repainting your room at the house on Sunday."

"It's that so?" Jessie ran a hand through my brown hair. Sometimes I miss the silver dye in it.

"Hmm, I'll be there all afternoon."

"Is that you inviting me to my own house?" Jessie raised a brow.

"Take it as you want."

"I'll check my agenda, maybe I'll be there... maybe not." She grinned and leaned down to kiss me—her lips parting when I put my hands on her ass to pull her closer.

"And maybe I'll surprise you." I said against her lips.

Jessie's hands were all over me, as if desperate to just feel me. "I really... do have to... go now." She said in between kisses.

I groaned, "Fine, let's sneak you out like teenagers do."

Jessie chuckled and stood up with me, I went to the door of my bedroom and opened it slowly—sticking my head out first to check if the hallway was clear. With Divya's door still closed I got out of my room silently and motioned Jessie to follow me—a finger on my lips telling her to be quiet.

Passing in front of Divya's bedroom door there was nothing to be heard from the other side—maybe she was sleeping again.

We successfully got to the end of the corridor and to the living room.

But the sound of a door roughly opening made my heart jump and push Jessie out of the sight of the hallway and deeper into the living room—making her fall on her ass on the floor.

"Knew it!"

"Jesus Christ Divya don't do that!" I yelled at her—while Jessie groaned at the impact against the floor.

"I knew there was someone else in the house and that would try to sneak them ou—" Divya stopped talking when she walked into the living room and saw who I was trying to sneak out. Her brown eyes widening and her mouth falling agape.

"Divya—"

"Hi..." Jessie said awkwardly.

Divya turned to me, "Why do you always have to prove me right when you shouldn't?" She smacked the back of my head.

"What?!"

"I didn't think you would actually go and sleep with a married woman! But you always challenge my expectations." She pointed her finger at me.

"I'm gonna go." Jessie got up from the floor and walked to the door.

Shit.

I ignored Divya's rant and went to meet Jessie at the door. "She won't tell anyone, okay? I'll text you later." I reassured her.

"Okay, I trust you." She looked behind me and stiffly waved at Divya—who waved back.

"See you on Sunday?" I whispered.

"Maybe," she said with a small smile on her face before walking away.

I closed the door when she got on the elevator and turned around to see Divya with a judging face directed at me.

"I know this looks bad—"

"Bad? She's married!"

"Unhappily married." I clarified.

"Kaden!"

"It just happened okay!? I fucked up I know and I keep fucking up because I can't stop seeing her. So please don't give me a talk about how I'm a homewrecker—I know that already."

Divya sighed, "You are in deep shit."

"I know." I said in defeat.

"I can't say that I condone it... but I can say I don't understand you—she is a sight to behold and totally your type." I frowned at her words.

Totally my type? What?

"Just don't tell anybody please, not even Grace or Jen."

"Kaden you are my best friend, I wouldn't go around airing your illicit affairs." Divya laughed at her own words. "You were bound to break someone else's marriage sooner or later."

"The amount of faith you have in me is appalling."

"I have just the right amount because I'm always right about you." Divya tapped my shoulder and began to walk away. "Now that I'm done being nosey about your life, I'm going back to bed. I don't have anymore energy in me."

"You are so annoying."

"And you are a homewrecker. I guess we are even!" I heard her laughter as she shut the door of her room.

What a fuck up.

A/N - Another one. Thoughts?