2.4

I stared at Michael, things finally clicking together.

The way he had been acting over the years finally made sense.

And I realized I must have been really thick.

I stood up, furrowing my eyebrows. I couldn't even find the words.

Finally, I mumbled out an apology. I owed it to him. I was a horrible friend. A horrible person. I should have known.

"I'm sorry." I tell him, at a loss for words.

He looked at me, his eyes wide. He looked to be in shock.

"I really don't know why I wrote that.'' He says, running a hand through his hair. "Like I knew you would read it? That's why I thought you were ignoring me. I don't know. It's kind of embarrassing." He shakes his head. I almost wished he would push up his glasses, that weren't there. I missed them.

For a fleeting second I thought about how I hadn't been trying to make myself very happy lately. I had been trying to make Autumn happy. Not that that was bad, but I couldn't really make her happy in the way she wanted to be.

I didn't really like her that way.

"Michael I-"

"Stop. You don't have to lie and make me think you like me. I don't really care."

"But I do." I say earnestly. I was even confusing myself at this point.

"Stop." He says, putting a finger up to his lips as if to silence me.

I stood up.

"No, you stop." I say suddenly, moving closer to his figure. I was right in front of him now. "I'm being serious."

I could feel his breath on my face, we were that close.

"I didn't mean to." I try to explain, even though it seems quite pointless right now. I just couldn't find the right words. "I was always trying to hard to make Autumn happy."

"Yeah. You're dating her."

"Yeah." I agree. "But it took me awhile to realize I don't really like her that way."

He raises his eyebrows, and I couldn't tell if he was surprised or not amused.

"Like-" I stop. I couldn't even think of what to say. It made perfect sense in my mind. I didn't like Autumn. I wasn't even into her that way, and I don't even think I like girls. I like Michael.

I had always been admiring him. His smooth skin. His bright eyes. His little tummy. His fluffy hair. His glasses,and the way he always was nudging them up. His babylike hands.

I had always been coming to him for advice. Because I never knew what to do.

"Like what?" He asks, moving backwards a step.

I closed the space between us, and without asking, placed my lips upon his.

It wasn't gentle. But it wasn't rough.

It was just in between.

I never really had any kisses to compare to Autumn's, but this was far better.

I think we were good.

-

aHH AHH AHHH

my muke heart hurts

1 more chapter 2 go, and (mayb) an epilogue? i actually never thought up an epilogue but if i can i'll write 1

dedicated 2 basicqueen thnx 4 always commenting and stuff ur super cool lov u