Chapter 54: Family problems

Start from the beginning

Sebastian, who was fighting alongside the leopards, felt that something was off. When they heard the loud steps marching down to the leopard castle. A wave of electric shock spread through his body.

When he focuses his ears to the sound his instincts are correct. A surge of distress emerged inside that made Sebastian's heart thump violently. He knew something was off. He and Raymond rushed back home to where their mate was.

A sense of fear and urgency invoked inside of them. Making them run as fast as they can before it's too late. The thought of the tiger king's army invading their home was what worried them. When running through the battlefield they passed many warriors along the way. There were injured soldiers while others laid dead. The battlefield reeked blood and sweat as well as the linger of rotting bodies in the air.

The thought of seeing their mate being affected in the war was the last thing they wanted. Sebastian swiftly rushed running in like lightning. The numerous tigers he and Raymond passed came chasing them down but were ignored.

Sebastian's orange eyes only looked ahead and at the top of the castle on the third floor was where Maxine was. Instead of using the stairs he leaped in the air landing on the palace roof.

By the time Sebastian arrived, the moment he opened the familiar door to their bedroom. He endearingly called her name out loud. All hope was lost inside of him, seeing nothing but a ruined room. His orange eyes trembled seeing the room that once held many memories was destroyed. The stone walls were in pieces while the furniture was ripped to shreds. He ran searching through rubble, pulling and pushing stones off. But in the end his wife was not there. There was only the smell of tigers lingering inside the room.

Sebastian 's averted to the bed where she slept was now in pieces. A dark murderous glint appeared in his eyes.

He growled as he knew that they had taken his precious wife away.

(TIME PASSED)

It had been a whole season (1 year) since the war and with the help of the ape, wolf, and leopard king. The ongoing fight against Alfred the tiger king has eventually come to an end.

It took months to repair the city that was wrecked during the war. Leopard ocrs and other refugees that lived in the Ape king's castle now went back home. Alfred, who began the war, managed to flee along with Nancy and other loyal tigers.

The feral snakes and scorpions were eventually killed. Some ferals were lucky enough to escape with a few missing limbs left behind. The immediate massacre of ferals still left in the city was enforced upon all three beast kings. All loyal subjects that once served the tiger king were banished and stripped out of their status. Any members of tiger royalty that supported the once tiger king were either killed or banished off to the farlands located in the desert.

Due to the war the southern palace in the leopard territory was in shambles. The members of leopard royalty moved into the main leopard palace. Rowan and Raymond searched for Maxine. Caius was tirelessly sending out multiple search parties while tackling the many issues after the war.

————— 3rd POV

Inside the leopard palace in a large room on the third floor, there were many books and papers piled. A cluttered room that was both Caius's office and bedroom. During and after the war Caius's work stacked more and more when the days passed.

He arrived back an hour after managing his territory. Upon opening his office door it was still the same from last season. A messy office with books and papers cluttered while some of his prey was on the floor.