Chapter 48: A shiver down my spine

Start from the beginning

I want to raise my cubs with love and care. Even if Sebby's training were harsh they needed to learn eventually. Training them to learn to hunt and swim like jaguars do was the only way for them to survive. Though spoiling them a little won't do that much harm.

"Wow, Maxi, your cub is strong enough to catch a big rabbit like that. You're cub is so young, my cubs can't even catch a short bird even after they started training with their father two seasons ago. " Jessica said.

Jessica had her four tiger cubs huddled around her lap, squished together. She frowned seeing the big black rabbit between me and her. When she showed the dead rabbit to her tiger cubs half of them flinched backing away.

Which made her pout more seeing their cowardness. Jessica is a brave and confident person that is no pussy to any threat. This one time she almost got kidnapped by a feral and her not being in the mood to get kidnapped she declined. Her mates were too slow to come rescue her so she has to do it herself! When seeing her cubs back away retreating to their tiger father. She seems disappointed that none of her cubs inherited some of her personality.

I saw Jessica give a glare to him. I didn't know why but it felt like she was pinning him at fault for her cubs. In the side, she peered her eyes staring at my cub Sam playing with Raymond. Seeing through her I could see her in awe seeing the soft side to her. Cute chubby cubs were her favorite. Especially cubs that have chubby cheeks Jessica goes crazy seeing them.

"Calm down, Jess. Don't get so angry at them. They will learn eventually just like my kits" Eve said.

"Yeah, but your rabbit cubs don't need to hunt prey. Aren't rabbit orcs herbivores?"

Jessica lifted up her brow in confusion. I saw Jessica thinking about what Eve just said to her. From what she is pondering about she is thinking about the difference between her tiger cubs and Eve's bunny cubs.

"Yes they are. But what is the difference between hunting anyways? They are the same"  Eve replied.

"No they are not!" Jessica argued back.

Both Eve and Jessica began chattering, making their opposite point of view to cub hunting. I sat in the center between two of them bickering. Seeing a little aggression in their conversation I didn't want to interrupt. I looked around the large field of tulips. I saw Rowan mentally taking notes as he watched the cubs running around the field. Raymond and Sam who were far in the distance played hide and seek in the tall flowers.

When I was looking around my eyes shimmered in the distance far away I saw a Willow tree. I must've been seeing it wrong. But looking really close it was really the tree due to the small hill the tree was on.

"Hey-"

I hastily stood up going closer. Not noticing that Jessica and Eve called out to me from behind. I heard their footsteps following me behind as I walked. I didn't know why but going closer to that tree made me feel like it was calling.

It was calling for something.

Could it be Willow?

What did it want?

In my eyes I saw a weird dark aura around the Willow tree. I kept walking without no thought wanting to investigate more. The strange sounds I heard were that of female sobs and cries for help in the tree. I felt a massive wave of shiver in my skin when going further to the tree. The sad ominous voice inside that tree kept calling to me.

Was it me or did the branches rapidly move even when there was a light wind today?

"HEY!"