Chapter 7 - Tagak

It was the first day of school for the students of Balete Academy. The corridor was filled with students who were mostly talking about their schedules. The buzzing noise of people talking all at the same time made Akari cringe as he walked.

"Let's tune it down, people!" He shouted in a light and upbeat manner.

The girls screamed in excitement after seeing Akari in his tight uniform that complimented his pectoral muscles.

"It's him!" One of the girls shouted while the student next to her almost fainted.

"Professor Akari!" The girls kept calling him.

He laughed softly while he brushed his hand through his hair. "That's not what tuning down means." He laughed some more.

"Quiet down!" Obyne, the copper-skinned Fearology teacher who was passing by, yelled.

The people in the corridor finally calmed down.

"Now that's what I'm talking about," he said gratefully to him.

"Hmp." Obyne scoffed, then with his book in hand, he marched forward.

Akari shrugged and then blew raspberries in response to Obyne's snobbish behavior. He was gonna continue walking but a girl with blonde dreadlocks all clamped together in a ponytail, approached him.

"Professor Akari!" She held a piece of paper in her hands and showed it to him.

"If it isn't Treasurer Matias' little princess," he said in a joking manner. "Spill the beans, Pamela. I have eager students waiting for me."

She gave him an awkward smile. "Oh, Professor." She pointed at something on the piece of paper. "I'm a wee bit lost. I couldn't find Tinkery class."

Akari took a moment to look at the paper then looked at Pamela with grooves between his brows. "And why are you asking me this?"

"For my first class, silly." She covered her mouth with her hand and then chuckled.

"Well..." he clicked his tongue, "it seems to me that your first class is Fearology—not Tinkery."

"Oh, is it? Then where should I go now?" She asked as she flattened the wrinkle on her school uniform.

"Professor Obyne just walked past me. His classroom is just next to mine."

"Oh, that one?" She pointed at room 107.

His eyes smiled. "No, that's my class. Fearology is at 108."

Pamela started walking away and then waved at him as she did. "Thanks, Professor! Gotta hurry."

He tilted his head. "Tsk tsk." He breathed in then started walking toward room 107.

"Good morning class." He knocked on the already open door with his body bent forward as if he was peeping.

The students inside were not noisy at all. Maybe the fact that it was just the first day of school and nobody knew anybody stopped them from mingling.

"Good morning, Professor!" The whole class stood up and greeted him in unison.

He scanned the faces of his students then entered and approached the teacher's table.

"Welcome to Thrill of the Hunt! Name's Professor Akari for those who missed me in the orientation on Wednesday." His energy lit up the room.

Everybody settled down. Hanz, Carlo, and Barbara sat in front.

"In this subject, we are going to bring out the team player in you. Today is just introductory hence we're using this classroom but normally, we will be out in the open area to hunt."