Episode 2 Fallen Hero

Song Inspiration: It's a Hard Knock Life (From Annie 2014)

Artist: Quvenzhané Wallis & others from the cast

~~~~~~~~~

(Movie Pov)

Location: Ninjago City

Time: 4:32 PM

While their sensei grabbed their key to realm travel, the ninja each headed home to pack and say their goodbyes.

Lloyd raced around his room and began stuffing clothes inside a backpack. At the same time, he was throwing on his ninja suit, barely checking if he tied his sashes on right.

His mother, Koko, stood in the doorway, watching the frantic teen with a frown. 

Once Koko found out that her son was the famous Green Ninja, she realized she too could help the city and those around her more. Between helping Nya teach former generals of Garmadon's army how to be heroes and providing additional training for her son in combat, the once retired hero fell in love again with the battlefield. She would find time in her schedule to help civilians as her former alias: Lady Iron Dragon. There were even times when she and her son joined forces to defeat some very difficult enemies in the past. 

A week ago, though, there was a problem. She had attempted to take down a large group of thugs when one managed to land a hit on her back. Iron Dragon was still able to defeat them, but the task left her with several fractures in her spine. Being forced to resign as a hero once again, left her bitter. Although she loved defeating villains and saving the day, her sadness came from the fact that she wouldn't be at her fullest strength to protect her son: Just like now.

Koko let out a sigh and placed her hands on her hips.

"Make sure you pack a first aid kit. You remember how to make stitches like I taught you?"

Lloyd stopped. He was still readjusting his belt when he finally turned to notice his mom.

"Mom, I-I'm sorry, I was just- there's not a lot of time to explain, but I need to head to our counterpart's realm to help them with-"

"And prevent a world dominating threat, yes, I figured. I've seen plenty of those in my day," Koko said with a small smile. Lloyd scratched the back of his neck while he shifted his gaze to the floor.

"I don't know how long I'll be gone... I don't even know what we'll be facing in this other realm. I'm honestly kinda freaking out," Lloyd muttered. He lowered his hand and gripped his fists.

"I figured as much, especially when your shirt is on backwards."

The teen looked back up at his mom. He blinked a few times before noticing his attire. Lloyd groaned after collapsing onto his bed, covering his face with his hands.

"I'm doomed... How in the world are we going to do this!?" Lloyd cried. He lifted his hands in the air for dramatic effect.

"Hey, hey, you're not doomed. Remember when our city faced a tyrant day after day with his army of sharks?" Koko asked lightly. She walked over and took a seat at the end of the bed. "Who was it who warmed his father's heart?"

"Mom, that's different. Dad might have been awful, but he was still my dad!" Lloyd exclaimed before lowering his hands back down to his sides.

"Okay, then what about the second time? When he was that mind-controlled lava monster thing. Did you and your team defeat him then too?"

"Yeah, but that was with our counterparts. We don't even know if anything's happened to them in their realm... What if they're hurt, and we can't save them?"