Chapter 3

I watched the buildings zipped past me and for some reason I started to laugh with joy. Hayden looked at me from the side mirror. He sped up and smiled as the wind swept my face. We didn't see a single zombie but I did see a drone fly above us. Funny enough Hayden didn't see it. I chuckled that he should see an eye specialist. We were driving till we reached a train station. I wasn't exhausted but he was. He was curious but kept this to himself. I wanted to use the restroom so did he. While I was done using the bathroom I heard the military approaching so I told Hayden that we should go because I think we are about to get attacked. He came out to see the drones and agreed that those drones are used before they start gunning people down. I used the heaviest object I could lift and smashed the closest one. I heard the soldier say something and the response was advance. I screamed in fear and Hayden grabbed my arm and ran towards his bike.

He drove as fast as the bike could allow till he was sure that we were safe. I told him to head for the trees but he kept insisting that this was safer till we almost fell into a ditch. He said a bad word and then took the route I asked him to take. I gave him directions from the back and he took them. We traveled till we saw an abandoned hospital. We drove the bike over the steps and kept going till we were safely in the lobby and saw the place was a wreck.

There were corpses littering the place and I felt like we weren't the only ones there. I wanted to be next to Hayden so I won't end up in the morgue but that felt like a stupid idea so I stayed put. He turned to see where I was and he smiled. He disappeared for a moment and I heard the drone that the military was using whizz by. It makes an irritating buzzing noise. I knew that I should drag the bike to safety so I did.

I managed to hide it when I saw from the reflection that a man in his fifties walking towards me and he just whispered Sasha. I turned around to see he was smiling at me. I didn't recognize him so he showed me a video on a cellphone. It was me wearing a crown and giving orders. In the video I screamed and the monsters had a seizure and died. I was surprised that I heard it loud and clear. So I asked the man why he turned up the volume and he showed me that he kept the volume at it's lowest. I realized that I was who he says I was.

He directed me towards the garage and I explained that there is a drone that is following me. He gave me a drink and I felt a chill go down my arm but that was it. He happily asked me to join him so I did. There was a black hummer with tinted windows waiting for me. A group of people in matching uniforms were waiting for me. They happily opened the door to let me in. When everyone was on board we drove off to wherever. One of them said they have found me safe and sound but here's the thing. They had to hide me from the military and scientists till we reached a place called Nobs. It is short for nobility. First we stopped at a mansion called Nomad's watch.

The people wanted to know what was going on and I explained what had happened and they decided that I needed to rest so I can remember everything. I was giving a glass with red liquid and I drank it. As I drank I saw flashes of someone else's life and I freaked out. I almost dropped the glass. I told the others what happened and they happily showed me the reason why I see things when I drink blood. I stood still for a moment and asked to be excused. I wanted to climb the window but I saw a picture of me and woman hugging each other tightly. A woman in a black dress and a white apron explained that the woman was my mom. I sat down to watch the image and decided that I am not sneaking out. I am going to find out what is going on so I can fix it.

I was walking back to the hall when a hand grabbed me. It was Hayden. He asked me to be quiet as he finds a way to smuggle me out of the mansion. I shook my head as he tried to get me out. He realized that I was resisting so he asked me why. The answer was given by the person behind him. He said that I am home so he can run along. Hayden smiled as he observed the man and accepted the truth. He let me go and apologized before he left. I told him to stay till the drone has cleared the area. He wanted to know what I was talking about so I showed it to him. I was surprised that he didn't hear it. The man in a penguin suit whispered that I am no longer human so my hearing is sharper than his. I nod my head as I realized that Hayden didn't hear a word that he said.

Hayden was escorted out of the door after the drone was long gone. I wished that he is safe and sound. He smiled as he hopped on his bike. He asked my family to take care of me since he won't always be there for me. They thanked him and waved him off. I was asked to get ready as we were leaving in case the military showed up. I was told we were going to DC since it is the safest place for me.

We left in batches for safety. The first group were vampires with tinted windows. The second batch was my convoy. The next was the werewolves. We were escorted to the train station where I laid down to read a book. I watched the landscape as the sky went from dark purple to pitch black with speckles of twinkling stars dotted here and there. I was bored so I walked out to see that both sides were trying to figure out what to do next. I explained that the scientists were collecting samples again to possibly make more of these goons. Both side swore to God that they will never let that happen. The discussion continued till the conductor said that there is an obstruction so they are taking a different route. I asked to get off as I felt something funny was going on. The others trusted my instinct and they disembarked too. We founds working cars and emptied our belongings to it. The council sent the train without us. The driver was nervous and he kept insisting that it would be better but I wanted nothing to do with it.

~What do you think. Do I need to add more zombies? Let me know~