Chapter 1

I was walking along the trail when I saw was vast emptiness. I was pissed that there was nobody so I just walked along. I saw a ghost town so I entered it to see that there were dead bodies. Some of them looked like something had bitten them. Some were missing limbs. Others were missing heads. In some people all that was left were just a torso. Then there were those who were riddled with bullets. They had more holes than swiss cheese. The only thing I can think of that had more holes. It is called a bath sponge. More commonly known as loofah. I was disgusted by the inhumane way these innocent people had been murdered. I prayed to God that the people that did this suffer badly.

I moved along looking for answers but like I said. Finding answers were like hunting for ninjas. I didn't see any. They were that well hidden. I looked around and found canned food that looks like it hasn't expired yet. So I looked for a working kitchen to fix my meal. I made reheated baked beans and stir fry canned mixed vegetables. I ate my food and went to find a place to sleep. I saw a rundown tavern, a pizza place with a busted window. There was a shop that was billowing smoke so I had to take a another route.

I found a motel at the end of the street. I walked into see that the place was ransacked. The chairs were overturned.  The table was smashed. The glass cover on vending machine was smashed and the contents were removed. There was a box dedicated to smokes. For some reason that was left untouched. I picked up a few boxes in case I could trade it for transportation.

I searched the front desk for keys and found the master key. I found a room with a decent bed and tried to sleep. For some reason I couldn't sleep. Maybe because it was a stranger's bed. Maybe I was feeling unsafe for that reason. So after a few hours of tossing and turning I had decided that I should just try taking a bubble bath.

I had finished getting dressed when I heard a bang so I ran to see what was going on. I found a group of people with guns. I ran back to my room and hid under the bed. They checked the place room by room. In a few minutes I heard screams and gunfire. I placed my hand over my mouth to make sure that I didn't make a sound. I wished I was invisible so they won't catch me. They checked my room and discovered nobody was here. They walked out the place and stormed off to find a target to shoot. I waited till I was sure that they were gone before I snuck out.

I mean these must be the guys that blew the building. It could have been an apartment complex. My family and friends must be dead. I cried for a moment and decided that I need to get the hell out of here. So I wiped my face and started to walk. I kept sensing my way around. I heard bats calling and saw my surroundings turn three dimensional. It extended for a few feet so I tried to replicate it and after a few tries I got it. Except when I tried it I got to see at least half a mile. I knew which way I should take. This made walking easy.

The next leg of my journey lead me to apartment buildings that split down the middle or the top half had fallen down. I decided to take a detour and stay at one of the buildings. I found one that toppled over another. Climbing the steps was easier than I had imagined it would be. When I reached the highest it would take me, I decided that I will settle in one of the offices. I found one with a couch and found out that sleeping has left me.

I wanted to spend the next few days touring the city but the next day I heard people combing the building for survivors. I realized it was the same guys I had almost bumped into the motel. I ran as quickly as I could but some how I still heard what they were saying.

I took my stuff and got into the vents. I crawled out and made my way out. I found a bike with the key in the ignition but I felt that this was a trap so I ran like crazy till I found a safe place. These guys had dogs so they sniffed me out. They followed me there as well. So I had no choice but to take the bike and drive off. I realized that I was followed so I drove till I reached a bridge. The bike broke down so I had to ditch it. I found a booth on the other side so I climbed it and saw that the bridge can detach itself and lift a portion to allow boats to pass. I pressed the button and watch these guys were denied the chance to get me. I was wearing a bandana over my face, sunglasses and I had my hoodie up. I managed to jump to the other side before the bridge was too high for me to jump. I happily walked away to hear gunfire so I made sure to run in opposite direction for safety.

I didn't see what the reason for this level of violence. Did the world succumb to barbarism? What is making people go on a killing spree? Is there anyone looking for a way to reverse it? Who did this? Was it the government? Was it an enemy country? Is this some sort of biological attack?

I walked out to see that there was a few people who were hiding out of fear. I had a feeling that some them would happily shoot me if necessary. So when I felt I had found someone that will enlighten me. It turns out to be a young girl she came at me pointing the business end of her gun. I approached the girl slowly. She saw what I was doing and waited till I got close. She grabbed me and checked my collar bone and my arms.

I explained that I woke up under a pile of rubble and had no recollection of past events. She enlightened me that the government had made these creatures to make super soldiers but they ended up making monsters that ate innocent people. I was surprised to hear this. I asked if she could show me these things since I wanted to know how to avoid it. She said there was a huge group a moment ago but for some reason they had decided to move in a different direction. She promised me to show me one that is alive should one approached us. She showed me the monsters that were killed. All of them had a hole between their eyes or they had their heads turned all the way around. I saw that they had a ragged bite mark on their chest or arm. So that is what she was checking for.

I asked her what these things were called. She said they were called zombies. Personally I would have called them Biters. But apparently there are a different species that does that. They are called Vampires and werewolves. So these are called zombies for clarification. The vampires and werewolves have decided to wash their hands of the military after they had allowed their queen Sasha to die. She was the only one protection they had and she was a symbol of peace. She used to say that the military can't be trusted now they preach it. The humans and the immortal ones are making a city to keep those things out. They offer safety and security with no infection. So that is where they were going. I asked her if I could join her. She said that I am welcome to tag along.