#EverythingBagel Part 1 [SECOND PART]

Începe de la început

"Mary, are you alright? Hearing strange voices again?" Henry questioned her as she erratically darted her eyes around the room, trying to identify the source of the voice.

"Ignore your husband, you are one of us. One of us. One of us. One of us. One of—"

"I'm sorry, Henry, I think my head's been in the clouds. Would you mind getting me a cup of coffee? Maybe pop off to the pharmacy to get some adderall?" Mary said, her brows furrowing with suspicion, she must be hearing thi—

"You were always meant to be one of us." the voice continued, "There's no point in trying to escape or change your fate because it is inevitable. You're fortunate to be one of us, in fact, unlike your husband, you won't be working a dead-end 8-to-6 job as a risk analyst, whatever that job means, you'll be able to live a life of intrigue and adventure. Isn't that what you've always wanted? A way to abscond from your boring life at home."

"Yes. I've always wanted that." this voice must know how she really feels because she had never felt so seen, if she told her husband about her daydreams of going on crime-fighting sprees, her husband would probably call her a nut-job, but she wasn't. Wouldn't it be so exciting to stop criminals in the act?

"What?" Henry asks, baffled by her absurd comment, "You've always wanted to be on adderall? Abusing prescription drugs is extremely dangerous, Mary. I've read that abusing prescription drugs increases the chances of being bitten by radioactive spiders tenfold, and I don't think there's any insurance covering being bitten by radioactive spiders."

"It always takes a while for newbies like you to accept the truth, but it seems you've taken quite well to my words. Well, I'll see you again when you officially become one of us."

"I'm curious but when is that?" Mary asked. Her husband stared dumbfounded at who she was talking to. He may have to call the psy— "Henry? Are you thinking of calling the psych ward on me?" she didn't even know how she knew he was on the verge of calling them, she just sensed that something was off with him, not like something was always off with him, especially when she went on tangents about her adventures, she could always sense 'the look' radiating from him, but this time, it was even stronger. It was suffocating how she could sense his disdain.

"Whenever you're ready," the mysterious voice disappeared. Mary suddenly felt strange and dizzy and light-headed, she wanted to go to sleep, she had a mild headache. Whatever, she wouldn't let it stop her from accomplishing her dreams, all she needed to do was stay awake and not fall unwell.

=== A CUT BACK TO THE MAIN STORY ===

Everything was falling apart. Had Sam not decided to push too many buttons, perhaps everything would be just fine. This story could come a close, Sam, Carly and Cat with their peaceful life living in an apartment running a babysitting service no matter how reluctant Sam or how much Sam complained, Peter and his boyfriend could finish their school project and they would get high marks. Unfortunately, a series of unfortunate events was about to unravel, potentially world-changing events which would shatter reality.

Sam had disturbed the peace in the universe, and the universe was not impressed.

"YOU'RE JUST A MASSIVE LOSER, NERD. DON'T YOU REALIZE HOW OBNOXIOUS AND UNWANTED YOU ARE? YOU'RE JUST A SMALL KID WITH LITTLE-TO-NO SIGNIFICANCE IN THE GRAND SCHEME OF THINGS, JUST GROW UP. NOBODY CARES WHO YOU ARE. WHAT? WHY ARE YOU LOOKING LIKE THAT? HOOLIGAN. IS THERE SOMETHING YOU WANNA SAY, OR ARE YOU TOO SHY?" starting off with a great, big grin on his face, when he was just a kid who wanted to finish his school project, it had morphed into a hauntingly dreary look of emptiness. The seed of rage, Sam had planted and instilled within him, and now that poison tree would only grow. A storm was brewing, and when it came, it would bring mass destruction.