𝐈

Known for devotion to work, workaholism, and extreme intelligence, Mark, a talented detective inspector, grabs onto another case just as he gets a call. The only difference from the last cases is that the investigation makes him uncomfortable, he recognizes one of the workers and he meets a wall right after he starts. Not to mention that everything about the case is mysterious. It seems that there's way more than meets the eye. 

Detective Inspector Lee knew the hard work was finally over. Because of him, Itaewon Police Station, specifically Major Crime Division, could celebrate the end of the case. He finally got a woman who killed her children to admit doing it, filed the report, and from there, it wasn't his concern anymore. He knew he'd have a few days off for the next week, and he wasn't really happy about it—there was nothing he could do at home as the workaholic he was.

Remembering his lonely apartment, Mark found himself riding his motorbike with the thought of visiting Hongdae. He knew a great club there, and it had always been a great reward after his work was done. But it seemed that the night wasn't meant to be spent calmly.

The detective inspector was already turning to a high road when he suddenly got a call on his work phone. Mark, being always responsible, stopped by the nearest possible parking lot and picked it up. Hearing the voice of Assistant Detective Na, he knew something wasn't quite right.

"I hear you, Jaemin," Mark said clearing his throat. It was a little sore because of the cold weather of fall. "Tell me what happened."

"Some prostitute was killed in the brothel, the infamous one," the younger detective said. "Several people called the police. It's our time to shine again. Here's the location."

Mark wanted to laugh in relief that he wouldn't have to be alone for a few days, but there was no way he would when he was on the line with Assistant Detective Na. Especially when they were talking about a murderer. Instead, he looked over his shoulder, where soon he would have to head.

"I'll be here in a few minutes. Keep me updated if something else happens in this short time. And please call Jeno."

"Will do!"

Mark ended the call and fetched a sigh.

Here we go.

♟ ♟ ♟

It would've been hard to park the car if Mark had ridden one. The whole parking lot was full of cars and even more people. Luckily, he was on the motorbike, so not only was he able to find space to park it, but he could also go closer to the building where the crime took place. Even so, he had to shout for people to let him pass, and they did only when they saw they saw a determination in the rider's eyes.

Mark scanned the people, noticing they were seemingly just curious people who came to check what happened because they saw police cars. No one appeared suspicious. Detective Inspector Lee took off his helmet and jumped off the motorbike. Placing his helmet safely, he headed toward the paramedics who grouped around the door. Mark saw someone who would look like a brothel keeper—a quite tall man with a suit—and went there even faster. As soon as their eyes met, he showed the document that summarized his position and introduced himself.

"Detective Inspector Lee. Could you enlighten me about the situation?"

"Mr. Kim. You have to see it yourself," the owner shook his head. The police officer, Zhong Chenle, who stood next to the man, nodded as if agreeing with him.