𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗌𝖾𝖼𝗋𝖾𝗍𝗅𝗒

𝟖𝟏 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄.
❪ 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝗍𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾
𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 ❫

❪ 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝖻𝗂𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗇𝖺 𝗍𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗂 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂𝗍'𝗌 𝗀𝗈𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗌𝗐𝖾𝖾𝗍 ❫

Oscar can't sleep

Oscar can't sleep. 

Maybe it's because of the jetlag, or maybe it's because the thought of how he's actually falling for his fake girlfriend consumes his brain. He tosses, and turns, looking out the window to see a magnificent view of the Seoul skyline. 

He gets up from his bed with a sigh, and it's then when he hears the soft keys of the piano, coming from Haeun's room. It's a really nice melody, Oscar finds. But she's still awake?

Should he go find her? 

He might as well, right? It's not like he can sleep, and he doesn't know what else he can do. He'd play with Byeol, Haeun's cat, but Byeol's seemingly the only one asleep in this apartment. 

He heads towards Haeun's room, knocking softly on her door. 

"Can't sleep?" she asks, a smile on her lips. "Me too." 

"Were you playing the piano?" he asks, and she nods. "Come in. I've just been working on some stuff for Xinnie." 

Oscar looks around her room, and he notices how there's a lot of pictures with friends stuck up on the wall. There's a clear shelf, with all of the awards she's won over the years. He spots a keyboard, 2 guitars, a drum set, and a home studio microphone in her room, and she's got LED lights hung up on her ceiling, illuminating her dark room with purple lights. 

"Sorry it's a bit messy," she chuckles, brushing her hair out of her face. 

"It's okay," Oscar shrugs. "My room gets pretty messy too. You've got a lot of instruments."

Haeun nods. "Yep. I sometimes work here when inspiration strikes at home. Other than that, I'm usually at the studio. It's basically my second home," she chuckles.

"I see." he hums. "Your room is cool, though." 

"Thank you." she replies. 

"What have you been working on lately?" he asks, and Haeun's eyes light up at the mention of her work. "Xinnie's planning to go on tour for a little bit next year, so I'm just making some remixes of the backing track. You know, tour-special versions. Then on the side, I'm just composing some random piano music." 

Oscar tilts his head. "Is that what you were playing before?" 

She nods. "Yeah, it was. Do you want to listen to the whole thing?" 

"Yeah, sure." 

She makes her way over to her keyboard, and starts playing. The melody is beautiful, and it's soothing, and Oscar finds that he gets a newfound appreciation for what she does. "You composed this?" he asks, and Haeun chuckles. "Yup." 

"You need like 15 awards, because that was so beautiful." he says, and Haeun laughs, heading back to her bed, sitting down next to him. "Thank you. I'm glad you like it - it's not exactly finished, but whatever. It's just something I'm working on for fun." 

"For fun? That's like... something I would have heard my school orchestra play when I was younger. It's so good, Haeun."

He showers her with compliments, and Haeun's cheeks get hot. Not because she finds it difficult to take praise, but mostly because it's coming from Oscar. 

Not falling in love is a more difficult task than she thought it was, because when she looks at him, all her heart tells her to do is fall. Let yourself fall deeply, because it is such a simple thing to do. 

Falling in love with Oscar Piastri is simple, her heart tells her. 

And when her eyes flicker to his lips, she tries to not make it obvious. But she thinks that he notices anyways. If he does, he doesn't say anything about it. Lean in, her heart tells her.

Don't, her head says. 

She listens to her head this time. She clears her throat, a little awkwardly. 

"Do you want to listen to another one?" she asks, and Oscar nods. 

The next song she plays is calm, soothing, and is enough to lull Oscar to sleep, despite the jetlag. He falls asleep on her bed, and Haeun turns around with a smile. She drapes the blanket over his body gently, trying to not disturb him from his sleep. 

She checks the time. 4 in the morning. 

She should probably sleep too. 

She leaves just enough space between her and Oscar on the bed. She turns to look at him, sleeping peacefully, and a smile makes its way onto her lips. He looks comfortable, she thinks. 

She turns back around, closing her eyes, and lets herself drift into a peaceful slumber.