chapter¹⁷

the kitchen

the kitchen

🐸 _*^¬'*_.*'¬*^_🐸

authors pov

11:28 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n yawns, scratching her dark green bonnet as she walks into the kitchen. she claims it as her kitchen as one one else really uses it. 

she really needs some cinnamon buns. 

"hey," she mumbles to whoever is in the kitchen as she walks straight past the group of four. she can't even process that her true love is there, she's that tired. 

mal purses her lips, watching the [light/medium/dark] brown skinned girl, basically ignore her. she motions to carlos to do something but he's frozen. 

y/n rubs her eyes, looking in the cupboards for flour, [milk/milk substitute], [eggs/egg substitute], baking powder, sugar and cinnamon sticks. 

"hey...y/n..." carlos says, walking over to her. y/n blinks, going to say hi but she yawns. "you seem pretty tired? why are you up?"

"hungry," the girl mumbles, pursing her lips. her eyes close, but she continues to mix in all the ingredients. "how come you guys are in my kitchen?"

"oh..." carlos looks back at jay, who throws an apple at him. "we're just getting a midnight snack," he bites into the red apple, the juice dribbling down his chin. 

y/n hums, sleep taking over her body. carlos sighs softly. she is really tired. 

"do you want me to walk you back to your dorm?" he asks her. as she says nothing, carlos looks back at her and sees her snoring softly. 

his heart combusts in his chest. she is so beautiful. 

"guys," he says, getting his friends attention. "i'm gonna take her back to her dorm. i'll be back in a sec,"

"smooth dude,"

"dude,"

🐸 

carlos puts the blanket to y/n's chin, seeing her chest rise and falls. she's so beautiful. 

"you're a slight weirdo," carlos looks to the left, seeing daphne with a mischievous smile on her face. "hey, darling,"

"y-you're awake?!" carlos takes a massive step away back from sleeping beauty, to look at daphne. 

"if you like y/n," she starts, stretching. "you should tell her. like really soon. she's going to be a queen soon. and maybe you should win her over before someone else," she's talking about alexander. "tries and gets back with her," 

"i will try," carlos nods, making daphne smile. 

"i'm sure you will, darling,"