chapter⁷

watching and admiring

🐸 _*^¬'*_.*'¬*^_🐸

authors pov

11:46 AM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n sits on the bleachers with her chemistry book, looking up every once in a while to see her best friend cheerlead. she has her headphones in, her mix playing on shuffle. 

y/n despises cheerleading. however, her best friend loves it so it can't be that bad.

y/n whistles as she watches daphne do a front flip into the splits. daphne smiles at her friend with a wave. 

then y/n looks over to the left to glance before going back into her book but she spots carlos. and jay on the tourney field. 

she smiles softly, admiring carlos. his white and black hair blows slightly in the wind. his big brown eyes. he looks like a puppy. a really cute puppy. 

"hey! hey!" the tourney coach says, shouting at carlos. who just looks up at him. "hey you, lost boy! put your helmet on and get out of the kill zone! come on!"

"kill zone?" carlos mumbles. "what?" he puts on his helmet. y/n looks down shaking her head with a smile. he is adorable. 

🐸 

"hey," y/n looks up, seeing a slightly sweaty carlos standing on the bench infront of her. "s-sorry. a-are you busy?"

y/n closes her chemistry book, taking off her headphones and her beanie. she puts her headphones around her neck, the music loud enough for both her and carlos to listen to. 

"no," she says, moving to the side so he can sit next to her. "i saw you play," carlos cringes, looking away. "it was..." y/n pauses trying to find a word for it. but carlos beats it to her. 

"terrible?" he starts, sitting down next to her. "horrific? i should never play again?"

"what? no?" y/n says, shaking her head quickly. "it was your first time. you'll get better," carlos still doesn't look as encouraged as y/n wants him to be. so she sighs, internally screaming at herself before looking at him again. "i will...oh my frog...i will join the cheer squad...if you give tourney another go. is that a good idea-"

"yes," carlos says, looking straight into her eyes. pink + white by frank ocean starts playing as they continue to look at each other. 

y/n ribbits before her face goes as warm as the sun. carlos looks at her with an amused look on his face. 

"ignore that," she coughs, before ribbiting again. "shit. i have to go," y/n picks up her beanie  and her boof before marching off. 

but then she marches right back. 

"i promise to join the cheer squad if you continue to play tourney," she says, holding out her pinkie. carlos smiles, putting his pinkie in her hers. "okay. i am-" y/n ribbits, making her quickly walk away. 

carlos' pinkie is still out as he still feels the softness of her skin. she's so beautiful.