chapter¹¹

picnic

picnic

🐸 _*^¬'*_.*'¬*^_🐸

authors pov

05:22 PM. AURADON, UNITED STATES OF AURADON

y/n smiles at daphne who's sitting down next to evie. jay is sitting on a bench as mal is looking through a small book.

y/n walks to the gang with a small basket with some sweet treats, savoury snacks and of course, y/n's special beignets. 

"where's carlos?" y/n asks, sitting down on the pink fluffy blanket. 

"oh, he went to get something," jay says, diving his hands into the basket. he takes out one of y/n's beignet, biting into it thinking is was just some pastry. "what is this?"

"y/n's famous beignet's, darling," daphne says, not giving him a glance. her blue eyes are looking at evie. 

"wow," jay says, not caring that is mouth is full of the pastry. "this is really good," 

"thanks," y/n smiles, looking over to mal. "are you okay, mal?"

mal looks up with a tight smile, taking a beignet. she nods, taking a bite into beignet. she moans at the taste, before coughing. 

"do you need some water?" y/n asks, getting a bottle out of the picnic basket. 

"no, i'm okay," mal coughs with a smile. y/n nods, sighing out in relief. y/n puts her headphones on, been like this by doja cat, playing in her ears. 

they're in her garden. well, the cottage's garden. y/n didn't want prying eyes to disturb them so the back of her house was the easiest way to go. 

the garden is large but cosy. 

"uh, sorry, i'm late," y/n looks behind her, seeing carlos with a small green bag. he walks over to the group, smiling happily at evie and daphne, sitting close together. 

"dude," jay says. "you have to try this," 

"one sec man," carlos whispers, walking over to y/n. "hi," he says sitting down next to her. 

"hi," y/n says, taking off her headphones from her head and putting them around her neck.  "what is that?" y/n asks, motioning to the bag. 

"oh uh," carlos takes out a small black box, giving it y/n. "i wanted to give you something for being so nice and i asked ben, because jay was no help, and i got you this,"

y/n smiles with uncertainty, opening the box. 

mal, evie, jay and daphne watch the duo with smiles on their faces. 

it was a ring. y/n's mind goes green. a green flag. but also amber. why did he get a ring?

"ben told you to get me a ring?" y/n takes the cool ring in her hands, seeing the emerald on the top. "carlos, do you know what a ring means to a future queen?"

"uh no..." carlos says, looking back at jay. who just shrugs, leaving his friend helpless. "what does it mean?"

to give a future queen means one of two things. to give your heart to them or devotion. 

"no..." carlos looks at evie for help but she shrugs. why would she know? "what does it mean?"

y/n smiles, putting the ring on her finger. not her marriage finger, of course. way too early. 

"nothing," she smiles. "let's just enjoy the rest of the picnic,"

🐸 

carlos takes the new phone he was given, searching up what he and his crush were talking about. god, she's so beautiful. 

he finds the answers, his face going warm. shit. oh shit.