𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙢𝙚𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙤𝙛 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 (Albus)

Albus wakes up with a groan and stretches his demonic body. His wings spread and he lets his tail stretch after crushing it in his sleep. 

Like every morning, he is the first to wake and since he can't stand the silence, he wakes you up by planting soft kisses all over your face. 

"Faithful~" He cooes with a teasing voice. His lips trail your cheeks until you finally open your eyes. 

"Fuck you." You sleepily murmur as you hide your head under the covers in hopes of getting more rest. 

"I was about to make a dirty joke, but that'll only earn me a slap, won't it?" Albus chuckles as he gently pulls the covers down to look at your face. 

"Aww, even when you're all grumpy like that you look adorable, and kinda ho-" He's not able to finish his sentence as you embarrassedly smack his arm. 

"Ow, that hurt." He hisses. "Karma." A smirk shows on your face and for the first time in a while, he rolls his eyes.

Both of you look into each other's eyes for a few seconds before breaking out laughing, then you peck his lips softly and lay your head on his chest. 

"There's the affection I deserve." He speaks in a joking voice as his hand travels through your hair. That romantic bliss only lasts for so long when someone knocks on the bedroom door. 

Soft sobs can be heard from the other side and your motherly instinct flares up as you jump out of bed and rush to open the door, to find Kerano's face full of tears.

"Oh, sweetheart, what's wrong?" You ask as you use all your strength to pick up the child and sit her on your lap as you take a seat on the bed. 

Albus just stares without knowing what to do. No one was there for him as a child, hence why he never knew how to interact with one. 

"I had a scary dream!" The girl's breath hitches as she lets go of all her tears, you hold her closer in an attempt to comfort her. 

"Do you want to talk about it, sweetie?" You ask while moving a strand of her black hair out of her face. 

She inhales, gasping for breath as she nods. "I dreamt that big brother... That he hurt you..." Her cries become louder. 

"Kerano, big brother can't hurt me, not anymore." You grin at the girl in your arms as her puffy wet eyes stare deeply into yours. 

"But, what if someone hurt you?" She asks nerviously. "I wouldn't let that happen." Albus' sudden voice startles Kerano as she looks up at him with a hint of trust. 

"But what if one day you're not there to protect her?" She insists. "That will never happen. I'll always be here to protect her, and to protect you." You've never heard the man lying next to you sound so confident. It's as if he knows that certainly nothing will happen to you in the future. 

"Me too?" Kerano asks as if shocked by Albus' words. He nods silently as a wide smile appears on Kerano. 

"It makes sense, we're a family, right?" Her eyes light up as she waits for a response. "Family?" Albus repeats confused. 

"Kerano, we're not blood related." He states. For a moment he seems more confused than when trying to read his own name. 

"You don't need to be blood related to be family." You explain. "Then what is a family? With your reasoning I would not have to call the people who turned their backs on me family." His gaze turns harsh as he waits for an answer.

"That's true. Family is people who you feel nice around, who you trust and love." You explain while wiping away Kerano's remaining tears.

He averts his gaze to the bed as he looks deep in thought. That's exactly what he's felt since he fell for you, does that mean he sees you as...?

"Family..." He whispers. "Faithful." Albus turns to you with sparkling eyes. "You're my family." 

He makes that statement while moving his gaze from Kerano to you. 

"We are." Both you and Kerano speak in unison. Many emotions that he does not fully understand accumulate inside him and he cannot help but let them go.

He wraps his arms around the both of you as he pecks your lips quickly, ignoring the 'ew' coming from the little girl. 

"You're so corny, it's frustrating." He jokes and laughs as he tries to hide some tears that begin to escape. "But I guess that's the way family is."

The three of you huddle together for a while until Kerano yawns and Albus carries her to her bedroom. 

He carefully releases the girl and tucks her in and for an instant he feels what it is to be a father, a good one at that. 

Before he can leave the room, Kerano calls out. "Thanks Mr. Albus." 

With the doorknob between his fingers, he smiles sweetly in the darkness of the room and replies. "You're welcome, sweetheart." He cringes at the nickname for a second, remembering his brother Devlin uses the same for her. 

Leaving the room, the house falls silent, the birds chirping in the very early morning being the only audible in the distance. 

A pair of arms wrap around Albus' body. He quickly looks down at you with softness in his eyes. "I'm proud of you." You smile while resting your arms around his neck. 

"For what?" He asks, genuinely interested. "For trying to improve who you are every day. For leaving your past behind and focussing on the present." Without giving him time to process, you press your lips against his. 

He deepens the kiss more and more as you reach the bedroom and picks you up. "You're in trouble now, faithful~"