𝙍𝙚𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜 (Makkaro)

Makkaro Aetherward was a well known freelance private detective in town. It was said that he could solve any case, no matter how complicated it was. 

On one particular afternoon, his brown hair wasn't tied in his usual ponytail and his head rested on top of his arms, deeply asleep as his lastest cases were affecting his sleep schedule. Little did he know he was about to meet the love of his life. 

Loud knocks on the door awakened him from his peaceful slumber, making him grumpier than usual. As he opened the door he was met by a mysterious figure, wearing a dark cloak that covered their entire body and also their face. 

But that didn't give Mak any trouble to figure out who this person was. Who you were. Before you even knew, he already pulled down the hood that hid your face, only to prove that his suspicions were correct. 

Just as he thought, you were the eldest child of the royal family, a person famous for their indescribable beauty. As he examinated your features, he had no doubt, people weren't exaggerating. 

In an act of respect, he softly lifted your delicate hand with his and pressed a gentle kiss on it. Even though he was trying to be strictly professional, he could not help but to be astonished by the softness of your skin. 

(Time skip)

A month passed since you presented your case, probably the most difficult one Mak had ever had to work with. 

The case involved numerous assassination attempts against you, the reason for these attacks were unknown to you, but now you had to live with Mak to ensure your protection. 

You helped him on the case and the others he was working on, soon becoming the dream team of investigators. 

In no time, you got to know him better. Not only did you enjoy investigating crimes with him, but it was also fun to spend time with him outside of the job, and as the months passed, the hours of waiting for him to come back from work on his own household started to become unbearable. 

(Time skip) 

Mak was giving up all hopes. Whenever he felt as if every clue of the case was coming together, he found another that contradicted them all. 

The past few months consisted on getting in risky situations were you could lose your lifes, only to gather more useless information. 

But the thought of experiencing so many things with you kept him together. Over the months, he had developed a strange feeling on his chest that only made its appearence when you were around, but even with his cleverness and his talent to solve the most complex riddles didn't help him to understand his new found feelings. 

(Time skip)

He cried to himself. Mak could never solve what would be his last case, since the truth got to him in the bad way. 

Everything was going smoothly, he even got a date with you, by then his feelings were more than clear, and heck, after a year and a half of knowing you, he even considered buying the most dazzling ring he could find, getting on one knee and pronouncing the sweet words 'would you marry me?'. 

But no, your brother, the mastermind guilty for the assassination attempts, frustrated all his plans and sent him to a Black Site, a type of jail were all magic was nullified and most of its prisoners were tortured to death. 

There he wasted three years of his life, away from all he knew and loved and instead being punished every day for simply breathing.

Those were the worse three years of his entire life, but also yours while your brother kept you in your own prison, your home, a home that stopped feeling as one way before all he had done to you. 

(Time skip) 

You now lay on your husband's arms as you both speak about the grievous past, lamenting all the time that has been stolen from you. 

Mak uses his ringed hand to gently whipe the tears off your face and presses soft kisses where they once were. "It's alright, my love, what matters is that we're together now, happy and safe." He speaks as his arms wrap tighter around you. 

Even after his comforting words, the guilt inside of you doesn't grow any smaller. Deeply, you think that you could have helped him or at least done something to let him know that you still thought about him every second but weren't able to do anything to free him from that hell. 

The day he told you everything that happened in that infernal place, you hugged him with all the strength you had in your body, never wanting to let go. 

"Please, don't cry darling, you know I love your smile." Your husband grins as your face lightens up, showing him the sweet smile he so much desires. 

"Don't let go off me..." You whisper with a hint of sadness decoring your voice. "I will never." He replies, kissing your cheek. 

"Let's get some rest, love, we've both had an exhausting day after all." Mak turns off the light as you rest your head on his chest, before your tired eyes close and you're drifted to a profound sleep in the arms of your beloved.