Chapter 4

3rd person POV(A/N: before reading make shure to support me on Patreon for exclusive contact, Link is on my Wattpad home page)

In the navy outpost in Log town we see a navy captain in his smoke filled office, he smoked his cigars while waiting for one of his subordinates. The doors open and a woman with glasses came into the smoke filled room and she said "Captain Smoker!, you really need to open a window when your smoking " she went to the window and opened it then she turned on the fan and it blew the smoke out the window making the room less smoky. Smoker then said "Your late Tashigi "she replied "I'm sorry but I was just checking out a confescated sword we got from one of the pirates, I thought it was a legendary sword but it was just an imitation". He only groaned and said "sit" once she did he took out three wanted posters and put them in front of her, she adjusted her glasses and read the names out loud "unknown, unknown, and the Demon King are they the knew upstarts right?" He nodded and said "yes they took down three ships along with there captains over in the east blue and I suspect they might be coming here" Tashigi looked at the demon king poster and noticed a strange black mark on his forehead, she then looked at the other two and noticed black marks on there faces and smoker noticed this and he asked "what do you see?" She replied "they have strange symbols on there faces and they don't look like there for decoration. It's weird but I have a hunch that it's a status symbol " Smoker took one of the posters and said "who ever they are we'll find out once they made port" he then threw it and took a long drag from his cigar thinking on what to do with them.

Nojiko's POV

It's bing a week since I joined these people and I have to say..............................pretty much all of them are nut jobs. I was training on the deck and I saw Galand tied up by Gloxinia again but it's amazing he can control so many tiny spears, to be honest I don't know much about there pasts but I think I can warm up to them. I then heard someone say "looks like your hard at work" I stop and turned to look at Gowther, I replied "oh good morning Gowther and yes I am" he smiled and said "it's good your not skipping your training this group can be pretty hectic " I then asked" hey is it alright you can answer a question I've bing thinking?" He nodded and said "it's alright ask away" I then ask "those marks what do they mean?" He chuckled and said "I was wondering when you'll asked that, these marks are what determine our rank in the demon clan, we our the second highest " I arched my brow and I asked "what's the first?" He then pointed to the head of the ship where (Y/N) is and he said "(Y/N) is the son of the demon king and become demon king so he's the highest rank here" I was surprised at this and I asked "how strong is he?" He only laughed and said " I can't say but let's just say there's a reason why he was called the executioner" I gulped after hearing his nickname, then I asked "what about Mael?, he doesn't have a mark" he gave me a hollow smile and said "he's a member of the goddess clan and a man I can't help but hate" the look on his face makes me not want to ask.

I then heard Melascula yelled "we're almost in log town " I then saw (Y/N) get up and nearly everyone gathered in the middle of the ship and he said "so who should go into town?" Gloxinia then said "me and Droll can't because he's too big and I need to watch the ship" Galand then said "I'd rather not go" Monspeet then said "I'll come, it's bing a while since I went into a town" Derieri said "I'll tag along" I then said "I'll go" he looked at me and said "are you shure?" I nodded and he said "find but Gowther will go with you" he nodded and said "the rest of you do as you please but don't draw attention to yourselves" we all nodded and we prepared to head to log town. Once we docked a lot of us went into town and I was walking down a street with Gowther and I asked "so what do we need to get?" He answered "we just need to get food for the journey" I nodded and while walking I said "did (Y/N) leave the ship?" He replied "yes, we left first something about seeing an execution site" I shivered after hearing that.

(Y/N)'s POV

In Orange town I'd heard that this was where the pirate king was executed and as a former executioner I want to see where it happened. As I was walking I took a look at the town and everyone seems happy, given this town is protected by the Marines I guess they can live a pretty normal life. I then bumped into someone and I said "watch were your going" I looked to see a girl with black hair in a bob with a pair of red glasses and a sword and she said "how about you watch were your going!" She stood up and she is clearly taller then me, I then glared at her and I said "you were not looking where you were going" the both of us glared at each other then that's when I noticed her sword, I can't tell it's condition because it's sheathed but I can tell from the scabbard and hilt that it was taken well cared for, I then thought "she must be a skilled swordsman or has a deep appreciation for swords" . I wasn't paying attention when she kneeled down to look at my sword and I arched my brow and asked "do you mind?" She replied "yes I do, I have never seen a sword like this before, dose it have a name?" I replied "it's a shortsword and a gift so I appreciate if you stop gawking at it".

                                               She gave me a look and said "what kind of sword doesn't have a name!, I can tell, that shortsword has a sharp point and is specially made for someone of your Hight and I can tell you use it a lot ". I nodded and asked "what do you want Ms?"She answered "I'm Tashigi and I want to see that sword" I replied sharply "no" I then walked away. As I was walking I heard foot steps behind me and I looked to see Tashigi following me, I walked faster and she's walking faster, I decided to run and she's running, the hell with it, I brought out my wings and I flew up to the roof tops and I ran while I heard her yell "That's not fair!" I just ran and never looked back, once in the center of town I landed on the street and I was met with a raised platform and I said "so this is wear he was executed, intriguing" I then heard footsteps but I know there not that girl, there heaver and more sturdy, I turned to see a tall human man with gray hair and three cigars in his mouth. I noticed his hand his on the hilt of his jitte and he asked "why are you here, demon king?" I gave him a glare as I showed my mark and I asked "who are you?" He replied "I'm with the Marines, names Smoker, you?" I answered while getting into a battle stance "(Y/N), (Y/N) Zeldris of the Ten commandments" we kept glaring at each other waiting for the other one to make the first move.

                                 Nojiko's POV

                                                   I then put the 20th barrel of booze on the cart and I huffed and asked "why do we need 20 barrels of wine?" Gowther replied "it's mainly for Galand and a little bit for Melascula, believe it or not those two once drank a town dry by themselves ". I then said "how is that possible?" He only shrugged his shoulders and I was about to look at the list until I noticed a woman with a sword looking lost, I waved her over and I asked "are you ok miss?" She replied "yeah, I was just look for a guy, by the way have you seen a short guy in red, has black spiky hair" I was about to say something until Gowther said "he's our captain and I must ask why you want him?" She pulled her hands up in defense and said "nothing harmful, I just want some answers about his sword" he gave her a small smile and said "well I don't know much but I do know that it was a gift from his brother" she nodded and said "aw that's sweet, oh wait you said captain " I replied "yep, he's our captain and one of the few voices of reason on our ship" she laughed and said "I feel you, I work for the Marines so I always have to brake up a few fights" I stiffened after hearing she works for the Marines.

                                                   She then looked at the booze and asked "planning on a feast?" I corrected her with a dead pan look "actually this is for two people" she gave me a look of disbelief and she looked to Gowther to confirm and he nodded, then she looked like she noticed something and she asked "if you don't mind Mr?" He replied "I'm Gowther, this is Nojiko" I waved then she asked "ok Gowther, what dose that mark mean if you don't mined me asking?" She laughed and answered "it's a mark that resembles our hierarchy were I'm from" She then examined us and she asked "so were do you stand?" He giggled and said "we are the second strongest in our clan" then she gripped her sword tightly and asked "who's the first?" I gave him and look and he nodded, I pulled out my Pole arm and he snapped his fingers and the food disappeared and he said "that will be the demon King" . She got in a fighting stance and said "so your pirates" I got into a stance and said "what if it?" She pulled out her sword and said "then as a marine I have no choice but to bring you in" We then glared at each other waiting for one of us to make the first move.