Chapter 19: Body, heart and soul

Start from the beginning

The door is open slightly and dim light is coming through the slit of the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door hearing another growl. My eyes widened and jaw dropped at the scene infront of my eyes.

The whole room painted in dark grey and is almost empty except for a shelf full of liquor, a small cupboard and a single wooden table. There was a punching bag at one corner of the room and at one side there were some polaroid pictures sticked to the wall, which I didn't see properly. The walls are stained with blood at some spot I suppose and the floor flooded with broken glass and alcohol. In the middle of this chaos Adi is standing shirtless only in his trousers with a bottle of whiskey in his hand and blood is dripping down his arm which holds the bottle.

What is he doing to himself? Why is he hurting himself? Is he sick in head? Rohan said he is in healing process, what kind of healing process involves hurting more? Is this why Rohan didn't tell me about it? Did he knew all of this sickness? Whatever it is I need to stop him unless he would ended up in really bad condition.

"Adi..." I whispered, my throat became dry with terror. His back is facing me so I guess he didn't saw or heard me. He bottoms up the bottle and gulped the alcohol then threw the empty glass bottle in the wall which shattered in uncountable pieces. A scream left my lips at the sudden sound of crashing the bottle and this time he heard me for sure. His head turned slightly at my direction and he looked at me with blazing eyes over his shoulder.

My breath caught in my throat when his firey eyes clashes with mine. For a slight moment his eyes widened a bit in surprise, but then his jaw clenched and he turned his face breaking the eye contact. He moved towards the liquor shelf and snatched another bottle then popped it open with his teeth. I stood there frozen and saw him took a large gulp of the golden liquor without giving me another glance.

I took a deep breath and shakily stepped inside the room when his voice boomed,

"Don't." I flinched and looked up at him. He is looking at me with cold warning gaze and gritted his teeth. I gulped down my fear and again took a step ahead.

"I said don't come any closer." He growled at me and I literally shook to the core, maybe a whimper left my mouth mistakenly.

"Adi please stop all this, you are badly injured. Why are you hurting yourself?" I stuttered with a shaky voice looking at his hands oozing fresh bloods and now dropping on the floor. I heard him chuckled darkly and a shiver run down my spine hearing the sound.

"Stop with your goody two shoes act, I don't want your sympathy so get the fuck out of my house." He roared and again tipped the bottle down his throat. I didn't obliged to him and stepped inside untill I'm a foot away from him.

"Adi please let me treat your wound, you are bleeding." I said almost crying as my vision got blurry with tears. He scoffed and replied,

"Why do you care? Just leave just like you did before." His eyes are red and a shadow loomed over his face under his dark bangs. He reminds me of that night again and again, and my subconscious screaming in my head to run away. But seeing him in this state I couldn't, instead like a fool I try to persuade him again.

"I'm not leaving you in this condition, you like it or not I'm not obliged to your orders this time." I said stubbornly and look straight in his eyes. His mouth twitched in annoyance and he inches closer to me.

"Don't test my patience Ishani, get out unless you wanted to get hurt like that night." He threatened and my eyes widened. So he remembered everything, he knew what he was doing and still continues with his feral act. And instead of apologise he threatened me to do that again? My mouth got sealed as I looked at him blankly. A flash of regret passing through his eyes and he break the eye contact.