"Had you met Michael before the assault in the hospital?" Jack asks.

I wince as Michaels cold face flashes in my memory. "Yes, I think a few times. Nothing memorable. I think he came to a couple of staff events with Andy."

Colton's arm tightens around me at my wince, and I lean further into him, try to keep more tears from surfacing.  

All of the officers nod, and Alden writes a quick note. 

"Were there any events before the assault that you can think of might have been Michael escalating, specifically toward you?"

I shake my head no, filing through the weeks leading up to Michael's breakdown. "Nothing comes to mind, I'm not really sure how Michael knew I would know where Andy was. I mean we're close but she said she never really talked about me to him. She came to my house when she figured out Michael was following her weeks ago, but we were fairly sure he didn't follow her to me, and if he had he would have known where she was. There was no need to go to me."

Jack and the two detectives look just as perplexed as I feel. "We've been doing interviews and that's something we can't understand either.  How did he know you knew where she would be and not know she was staying at your house, at least your old one?"

I swallow the lump that had formed in my throat, and take a deep breath to keep the nausea at bay. I should have made Colton bring me a trashcan in here, there's no way I make it to the bathroom fast enough in this condition if I decide to loose my lunch. 

"Someone had to have told him." I say. "I don't even know who would have known she was staying with me. Maybe someone overheard something and he asked around until he got the answer he was looking for?"

All three officers nod again, and both detectives make notes this time. 

"Is there anyone who comes to mind who would have known Dr. Peterson was staying with you?" Jared asks. 

I sit silently for a moment, thinking about everyone who knew. "I mean it wasn't necessarily a secret she was staying with me, but it wasn't something I talked about or broadcasted either. Staff knew what Michael had done to Andy, I can't see anyone giving up that information."

Colton nods in agreement with my statement. "I had my security team comb through the footage of the front of Faye's house. It was sent to your precinct as well for your teams to go through but there was no sign of him there at all in the weeks leading up to him assaulting Faye at the hospital." Colton says, giving my shoulder another squeeze.

Jack nods. "We came to the same conclusion your guys did."

A question pops into my mind, and the implication of it makes me more nauseous. "How the fuck did he know where to find me in the hospital?" I whisper, a cold sweat beading on my forehead. 

Alden takes a deep breath, and looks at my sympathetically. I swallow the bile in my throat, knowing I'm not going to like the answer to this.

From hospital security footage, we determined Michael had been camped at the hospital staff parking garage on and off that week, and our conclusion is that he was waiting for you. He didn't seem to know your call schedule, so he waited until you came in. He followed you at a distance from the parking garage and into the hospital. He watched you enter the physician lounge and then waited until someone else went in to make his move."

"I'm gonna be sick." I rush out, as I feel my heart pounding in my stomach. 

Colton is quick pulling me to my feet by my armpits and keeping me steady as I rush into the half bathroom we have on the main floor of the house.