Miscarriage - part 1

It was middle of the night.....Dhruv and Tara were sleeping peacefully in each other's arms when Tara felt cramps in her stomach that were beyond endurance. She was four months pregnant & she never felt this much of pain ever in the last four months. There were tough days and times when she couldn't sleep due to some problem or other but this was different. She tried to suppress her voice and pain. She didn't wanted to wake Dhruv up.

She tried turning around, changing her positions but in vain. Just as she straightened her alignment she found her salwar getting dampened. She quickly got up to see what's going on. What she saw next horrified her. Her white salwar was metamorphosing into red swiftly due to her blood pooling out. The mother in her knew her child was in danger.

She loudly called out Dhruv's name, shaking him nonstop.

Dhruv.......Dhruv......jaldi utho. Dekhiye na humein ye achanak atyant peeda aur rakt straav ho raha hai.
Dhruv woke up horrified and his heart sank at the sight in front of him. In heart he knew what has transformed but he composed himself, gathered his lost strength & quickly rushed her to the hospital.

In hospital -
Tara was put on stretcher and rushed inside the ICU. The gynaecologist along with her team were already in there waiting for them. Dhruv informed them about Tara's condition while they were on their way to the hospital. When Tara was taken inside the ICU, she was extremely petrified. She just knew something has went horribly wrong. She refused to let go of Dhruv's hand but in vain.
She was given anaesthesia which made her fall asleep.

Outside ICU -
Dhruv was sitting on chair holding his head with his hands. He knew what happened to Tara but he still hold on to hope. He got up from his chair as he heard the gynaec call him.
Gynaec - Dr. Dhruv I'm very sorry to inform you that your wife has miscarried. I think you already know that.

Dhruv - Yes doctor......he said in a feeble voice almost at the verge of breaking.

Please fulfil the formalities so we can move ahead with the procedure.
He nodded.....

Jai was on night shift that day & he came running to Dhruv as soon as he heard about Tara from the family.

He saw Dhruv standing completely lifeless.

Jai straight up took Dhruv in a hug.

Himmat rakh.......Jai said. Hum sab hai tere aur Tara bhabhi ke saath.

A nurse came with some papers and asked Dhruv to sign the NOC form.

A flashback ran his mind as he picked up the pen to sign the NOC form.

(Dhruv's fb - he remembered how worried, anxious and happy he was about her pregnancy. He remembered how he and Tara would fight on names everytime they both sat on choosing one for their baby. He remembered the time when he tried explaining her about the complications she had in the very initial phase of pregnancy. He even asked her to think about her decision of keeping the pregnancy and how angry she got because of it. She couldn't even think of not carrying their baby and give up on it. He remembered how he brought a small crib to pacify his angry wife. He remembered how he used to tell Tara that their first child would be a girl and he will spoil her to no end. He remembered how he used to tell Tara about his plans for their child's future.......but destiny had some other plans......his worst fear came true today)

Dhruv came out of his thoughts when the pen fell down from his hands. He picked it up. With tears silently forming in his eyes, he flipped the pages and signed on each of them with shaky hands.........