Lies

CHASE 7 : Gobsmacked
"Shut up cake face."

"Should we kill him?"

A boy was standing in front of Kenzo's right hand man called Carl with a cigarette clipped between his fingers, chuckling to himself as he leaned on the side of the car admiring the dark night that was filled by stars. "Who?" He purposely asked as the boy crossed his arms. "The one who will ruined our plan." He emphasized.

Carl nodded throwing the bitter thing to the floor as the last smoke escaped his lips. "We should. His life isn't going any longer either, it'll be much help." They both laughed as Carl ring a phone to someone and sent a guy to finish his order. "Are you coming with us? The flight is in an hour." The boy shook his head. "It will be obvious if I go with you guys. I will coming a bit late." The older one pursed his lips together before patting the boy's shoulder.

"Goodluck, don't blew off your cover, yet."

Chwe Hyeonsoo was tossing around her mattress, only stopped her movement as she was getting peeved that she couldn't sleep at dawn. Sir Jaewook's face kept on playing in her brain. After a moment of thoughts, she kicked her blanket and pick up both her car keys and jacket. She need to see him for further explanation, she's well sure that there must be a reason to kill her father right? No one is going around killing innocent people, except for the crazy one.

2 am in the morning. The road was quiet, only few cars driving fast and slow besides her. The street light was dim, all was serene and balmy.

The police woman parked her car at the lobby as she unswerving took her small feet to climb up the stairs to the place where Jaewook lives. Jaewook was the guy who used to take care of her after Yejun's death, paying all her school fees and her everyday meals. Her relatives? They didn't bare on taking care of another child due to their own economic crisis. That's what they told her.

Hyeonsoo knocked the door as she waited for someone to respond from inside. "Sir, I'm sorry to bother you this dawn. I just want to ask-" Her question was ceased when the door was not locked, bringing her strides slowly and carefully inside. "Sir Jaewook?" She called as she could only see the pitch of black on her sight.

Blood.

The red color floor greeted her orbs after the lights were on revealing Jaewook who's pressing on his wound by the side of his stomach. "SIR!" She exclaimed rushing towards his side taking a towel by the nearest laundry basket. He placed a finger in front of his mouth. "He's still here.." He painfully whispered before Hyeonsoo dialed the emergency phone number.

She placed a gun in front of her, telling the elder one to stay awake as the help is coming anytime soon. With the bloody footprints as her guide, she was lead into the wet kitchen. Just right she was about to step in, a man with all black attire shoved the knife in front of her face. The girl locked his wrist before twisting him down flat to the floor. "STAY DOWN!" Her gun pointed right to the man.

A woman will always be one step behind a man by his strength. The punch that met the side of her head leaves her collapsed on the cold floor. Her head was banging, her vision went fuzzy as she tried to crawl and grabbed his feet. She couldn't let him escape, at least not before the police arrives.

Hyeonsoo saw a symbol by his ankle before he kicked her off running towards the balcony as he jumped off sparring himself another chance of life. The girl punched the surface of the tiles as she remained laying on her stomach, disgruntled on how she failed to capture the man. She was unarmed tonight, the gun was also Sir Jaewook's.

"Sir.." She wobbly went towards him bending on his side, she pressed the wound deeper to prevent the bloods spilling out. Jaewook muffled in pain. "Hang in there, please.." The cold-hearted policewoman starting to tear up when she stared on his pale face. His bloody hands reached her cheeks. "I-I have so many things to tell you, Hyeonsoo-ah.." He coughed.