Chapter 1

New year,new me. New school year that is. Finally I'm a senior. Just one more year till I can get out of this school. I told myself I had to be more positive this year, since it is my last year here.
I can't wait to go to college. College. That's where your life really starts. New boys, new school, new town, better yet, new state. As soon as this school year is over I'm going to get the hell away from this screwed up, broken home. May--

"Catherine, you're going to be late for school!" My mom yelled from down stairs.

I got up from my bed and mumbled "Its Cath..." Before slipping on my Jack Skellington slippers.
Lazily, I went over to my dresser and opened a few drawers, getting out a pair of black jeans ripped at the knees, a black All Time Low band shirt, and clean underwear and socks.
Once I got dressed I put in my lip ring and small nose diamond stud. I did my makeup a little dark, I grabbed my black combat boots and walked downstairs.

As soon as my mom saw me I heard a sigh.

"Honey, it's the first day of school. You should wear something nice." She said as she turned her attention back at the eggs she was scrambling.

"I am wearing something nice." I didn't even bother looking at her.

She hesitated for a moment before saying, "Are you sure you want to go to school dressed like that?"

"This is how I always dress."

As my mom was about to say something, my brother came running down the stairs.

"Whats up emo."

I rolled my eyes. My brother, Danny, was a year younger than me but since he was a guy, he looked about 4 years older.

"Just eat your breakfast." my mom said as she slid a plate of eggs, bacon, and a bagel in front of me.

"Yea umm.. I have to go pic up Jackie." I walked away before she could say anything but before I reached the door, Danny caught up to me.

"Hey Cath, you gotta eat something."

"I'm not hungry. I'm never hungry in the mornings, its okay. I have to go."

Danny was a pain in the ass but he cared about me (even if he wouldn't say it out loud), I know he did, and sometimes, rarely, he shows small acts of kindness towards me.

Since mom has tried to stay sober things have gotten a little better; But the keyword here is tried. Danny and I both know that sometimes when she thinks we're asleep she goes out for a drink. Or twelve.

I went outside and got in my car. The only thing I had left of my dad. A black, 4 door 1967 Chevy Impala. Oh how I love that car. My dad passed away when I was twelve--after that my mom started drinking, Danny started leaving with his friends,which turned into drinking and partying as he got older, and I started dressing like I do.

Dad introduced me to classic rock so I guess I've always like this type of music; Mötley Crüe, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, and I slowly started getting into All Time Low,Pierce the Veil, Fall Out Boy, All American Rejects,Bring Me The Horizon, My Chemical Romance, etc.

I started the car and drove off to my best friend's house. Jackie and I are like two peas in a pod, she's my other half.

I got to her house and honked, indicating that I was there. After about 2 minutes she came outside with a slice of toast in her mouth, a burgandy cardigan in one hand, and her backpack hanging from her other hand. She ran to the car, opened the door, and got in the seat next to me. She was wearing gray jeans, a gray T-shirt, and black converse.

She turned to me and said something but it was muffled by the piece of bread.
I chuckled and pulled it out of her mouth,"What?"

She took the toast back, "I said, "OH MY GOSH I haven't seen you in so long, OMG you're 17 now! sorry I missed your birthday!""

I drove out of her driveway and started driving towards school."Its okay really, I didn't do much...I just.. You know.. WenttoaPierceTheVeilconcert.."

"Oh that's co---Wait WHAT?! YOU WENT WITHOUT ME?!"

"I'm sorry, I really wanted to go with you but you went to Hawaii and I already had the tickets and they aren't going to come back here till next year so I sold the ticket I bought you and bought a VIP pass..." I smiled at her and I could tell by her face she knew what I ment.

"No. You did not... You did?!! Oh My God DID YOU AT LEAST GET A VIDEO OF MIKEY SAYING HI TO ME OR SOMETHING?!"

I looked at her for a quick second before getting my eyes back on the road. "Check the videos on my phone."

She did as I said and she was quiet for a couple of seconds, her eyes the size of the moon.

"Mike Fuentes said my name...Mike Fuentes said hi and then my name... HE KNOWS MY NAME YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?"

"No I do not know what that means." I said laughing.

"It means its ment to be and we're gonna get married and have 3 children, two girls and one boy, and we're go--"

I interrupted her fangirling,"Okay okay I get the idea. Just don't tell your boyfriend."

"CC will understand. He knows I love him but I have to share my heart between him and Mike." She said dramatically. "You are the best best friend ever, omg I love you Cath!"

The rest of the way to school consisted of a vivid story about what Jackie and Mike's imaginary life would be like. Let's just say, I had never been so happy to get to school in my life.
---------

Once we got to school Jackie and I went our separate ways. She always goes with her boyfriend CC and they do god knows what till the first bell rings. This year I have office TA first period so I'll hang out with the secretaries since I've known then from day 1 in highschool.

I got to the office and put my backpack where I usually sit. I'm basically an extra staff member, except I don't get payed. "Hey Lynn, hey Susan."

"Cath!" Lynn got up from her chair and hugged me. "Its so nice to see you again! Oh... You've grown a lot during summer! Did you loose weight?"

"I don't think so. Maybe I just..streched out. Today's going to be busy!"

"Hey Cath, since you're office TA for first period this year, would you mind showing our new student around school?" Susan said.

"Ughh why meee.? You know I don't do well with new people. Or people in general."

"Because we are going to be extremely busy and you know this dump better than anyone else. Do you think we really don't know that you used to hide in different places around school when Jackie first started dating Christian and they were stuck together like two pieces of gum? They were extremely good hiding places by the way." Lynn said while eating a bagel with what seemed to be cream cheese and strawberry jam.

"Well...but...Ughh fine. Where is she?"I got out my phone from my backpack and stuck it in my pocket.

"He is right over there." Susan pointed to the waiting area and a boy waved at me. "His name is Andrew a-"

"Andy!" The boy said from his seat.

"...Andy Biersack and here is his schedule." Susan handed me a piece of paper with all of the boy's classes. "Andy this is Catherine sh--"

"Cath. Its Cath." I said, not specifically at anyone.

"Right, Well she's going to be showing you around school and where your classes are."

"Sounds great!" Andy said and smiled making his lipring pop up.

"Come on, you're really gonna hit it off with this guy. I have a good feeling." Lynn whispered to me.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys! I decided to make this book because its summer and I have nothing better to do. Leave feedback and stuff like that please I absolutely would love hearing your opinion. I hope you guys enjoy! The paragraphs in italics are Cath's thoughts so.. Yea. I dont know if I will be doing andy POVs but we'll see when we get there.